Is there somewhere one could ask for a server?

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Like, a thread for posting "I'm looking for a good server with these and these things in it" and then people can answer if they know of something like that?

I'm currently on the search for a server but server descriptions rarely include everything since they're promotions; I'd much rather hear from someone who is actually on the server. Things like, is it a good community, are there often cooperative work or is everyone playing on their own, are the admins fair, is there much of a hierarchy on the server, is it adult enough to skip the sexism/racism/homophobia often seen in some servers etc. Also if one has specific preferences (like "no forestry" or "with ars magicka" etc) it can be easier to find than going through dozens and dozens of threads.

If anyone knows of such a thread I'd be very happy.

Otherwise, I'm asking if anyone knows a server with good community, some cooperative work, not too much bickering/drama and that keeps away from the racist/sexist slurs etc. Extra nice if they had a reset recently, but not in any way necessary. Modpack doesn't matter that much, though preferably ultimate, dw20, mindcrack or a similar pack.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Not really no, your best bet is reading the server promotion area, talk with the admins/etc. and test the server out. I don't think there's much sexism/racism/homophobia (and if there are, it's more often than not the adults who do that kinda things, since the 15~~ etc. years old people in MC are rather well behaving)

Also it would be helpful if ya told what kinda server you're looking for. Small/large? PvP or PvE? "Managed" or just playing for fun? Do you actually have any humor at all or do you go batshit crazy if someone calls you a silly name when you link your plasma generator to a batbox with ULCC?

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering :)

Small/large doesn't really matter, though it's nice if it's large enough that there's usually at least one other person online. I'm not against PvP but don't really like anarchy servers... PvE or limited PvP is more what I'm looking for, but it's not that important.
Hah, no I don't go batshit crazy over a silly name, I just guess I've had some bad experiences with servers which continuously used slurs against people and groups and just don't care for playing in such arenas anymore. That said, I have no idea what a ULCC is xD

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for answering :)

Small/large doesn't really matter, though it's nice if it's large enough that there's usually at least one other person online. I'm not against PvP but don't really like anarchy servers... PvE or limited PvP is more what I'm looking for, but it's not that important.
Hah, no I don't go batshit crazy over a silly name, I just guess I've had some bad experiences with servers which continuously used slurs against people and groups and just don't care for playing in such arenas anymore. That said, I have no idea what a ULCC is xD
Well, "large enough" for at least one other person online I consider small :3 By "large", I mean those 50+ player servers. ULCC is Ultra-low-current cable (sometimes referred as tin cable)

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see. You have any idea of a server that would work?

Most important for me is to find a server with a good community and cooperative projects (not necessarily managed by the server crew - just that it's common for people to gang up and build something).

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see. You have any idea of a server that would work?

Most important for me is to find a server with a good community and cooperative projects (not necessarily managed by the server crew - just that it's common for people to gang up and build something).
Check top-right of yer screen