Request Is there an IRC for pack developers?

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea, it can definitly help for a few things and also for developers that just started and have no experience in developing things

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I like this idea, it can definitely help for a few things and also for developers that just started and have no experience in developing things

I know that the AT Launcher have an IRC for pack devs. Just thought it would be a good idea.
People can exchange ideas, help each other and just share random knowledge.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
I know that the AT Launcher have an IRC for pack devs. Just thought it would be a good idea.
People can exchange ideas, help each other and just share random knowledge.
now i am even more suprised there is no pack devs irc for ftb sinxe usually in that stuff ftb does it way before at. Though maybe one for all launchers (real actual launchers not some random mods in groups on a shittiy install app that barely works :D) will be better than one per launcher since in different launchers people work differently and it is allways fun to see how other people will do the same stuff

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
now i am even more suprised there is no pack devs irc for ftb sinxe usually in that stuff ftb does it way before at. Though maybe one for all launchers (real actual launchers not some random mods in groups on a shittiy install app that barely works :D) will be better than one per launcher since in different launchers people work differently and it is allways fun to see how other people will do the same stuff

To be honest the AT launcher offers way more tools to pack developers than the FTB laucnher does.

Examples:
Live stats for your modpack
Allowing you to link to mods to manually download
Instant updates
Select groups of mods to install

The only thing lacking for the at launcher is the responce times for support and publishing and the number of people who use it. Still once I moved to FTB I don't think im going back its just a better experience in my opinion.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
To answer the question, there is a #ModPackers on espernet.

And to address the ATLauncher stuff, that's why we're slowly moving to curse. It's not all there yet, but all those things you mentioned will be available, and much easier to use, on curseforge and the curse app. Well, maybe not the manually downloading mods bit, but the rest of it.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
To answer the question, there is a #ModPackers on espernet.

And to address the ATLauncher stuff, that's why we're slowly moving to curse. It's not all there yet, but all those things you mentioned will be available, and much easier to use, on curseforge and the curse app. Well, maybe not the manually downloading mods bit, but the rest of it.

I should have check that channel before really.

Just one question about curse. How will the ftb third party pack of the month work?

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
Curse runs a spotlighted modpack series, but it does not seem to be active recently. FTB does not have any control over the order of non FTB packs on the curse app, so there's nothing else I will be able to do for that.

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019
Curse runs a spotlighted modpack series, but it does not seem to be active recently. FTB does not have any control over the order of non FTB packs on the curse app, so there's nothing else I will be able to do for that.
I know one of the people that work on the pack with me runs linux, and cant use curse voice. Are they actually gonna do anything about it or are all the linux users now just screwed? I mean we have the pack also uploaded to AT because of the fatures and the linux support that will stay for probably longer than ftb since ftb is moving to curse and i know a lot of people do have linux and use ftb and AT because they work with linux. Will they add linux support or will AT pretty much just become a linux launcher?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I know one of the people that work on the pack with me runs linux, and cant use curse voice. Are they actually gonna do anything about it or are all the linux users now just screwed? I mean we have the pack also uploaded to AT because of the fatures and the linux support that will stay for probably longer than ftb since ftb is moving to curse and i know a lot of people do have linux and use ftb and AT because they work with linux. Will they add linux support or will AT pretty much just become a linux launcher?

I am unsure if it works, but have you considered using WINE, or any other virtual machine? You could try setting it so that only curse works on it, and still launch MC in linux?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I am unsure if it works, but have you considered using WINE, or any other virtual machine? You could try setting it so that only curse works on it, and still launch MC in linux?
While it's a viable option, didn't think Linux users liked using WINE. Usually as a matter of principal bit also because it returns them to all the Windows BS. At lest that's what I have surmised.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I believe it was announced that an attempt at a Linux version would be made, but they also said Linux was something like less than 1℅ of their user base, and as such it wouldn't be a big priority

No source, just what I remember from announcement somewhere.

Bluedog444

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it was announced that an attempt at a Linux version would be made, but they also said Linux was something like less than 1℅ of their user base, and as such it wouldn't be a big priority

I think they said that on one of their town hall livestreams

gerb82

Jul 29, 2019

They said long ago they will. But still nothing over a year now