Is there a way?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
As someone with a few projects currently entertaining most of my time, I am not getting to do my bee keeping as much as i would like to. I recall in a dw20 SMP video he had a turle that did bee keeping for him. This intersted me but as I suck with lua i have a question or two. 1. Is there such a program already on a turlte? And if so which turtle. 2. Also what exactly does said bee keeping program do? 3. And is there anything i should know about it before i try it. I'm actually rather knowledgeable about bee's and forestry but sadly have not had the time to do so. Any and all imput is welcomed and appreciated.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
No, there isn't a bee keeping program on turtles already. You can however download Direwolf's program I believe since he tends to upload all the programs he uses in his videos. Since he explains how it works it shouldn't be too hard to use.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
There is an important caveat though:

It is an intended feature, not a bug, that frames cannot be placed into Apiaries automatically, so automated farms are inherently slower. Alvearies will always run at 'full capacity', though, and you can do as many people have and rig up a BC gate to the frame slot, and run it up to a lamp - that way, when the frames need replacing, you'll know.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Their is a way to automate the frames as factorization routers can access the slots they go in, allowing them to supply them for you.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Yea i would love to do it by hand but well theres a lot of stuff to do in a town ran by two people. I was more interested in the turtle which I'll probably give a look. But i like the im out of frames feed me light idea. Also I've messed with apiarist pipes and well im not sure i like them but i also havent had much time to learn more about them besides messing with the interface. So if not A, then B.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Their is a way to automate the frames as factorization routers can access the slots they go in, allowing them to supply them for you.
This got changed recently, and now (Mindcrack v7) neither Routers nor GregTech Advanced Buffers can put frames into apiaries. If you're still using the Beta pack, it should work.