Is there a way to keep from getting blown around by openblocks fans?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Some of my builds I need to work in front of them while they are on, but they are blowing me around quite a bit. Was wondering if there was anything I can do to prevent this, short of turning them off?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Just put them on ignore.

That being said I haven't found OpenBlocks fans to be overtly obnoxious enough to warrant it.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have morph? With RoC fans, you can fly above the level of the fan without getting pushed. With morph, you can turn into a bat to fly. It also reduces your height to less than 1 block, so you can get closer to the ground before hitting the fans wind.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Do you have morph? With RoC fans, you can fly above the level of the fan without getting pushed. With morph, you can turn into a bat to fly. It also reduces your height to less than 1 block, so you can get closer to the ground before hitting the fans wind.
He was talking about the fans in OpenBlocks, not RotaryCraft. The OpenBlocks fans have a much wider range than the RotaryCraft ones, and don't care about any blocks in the way, so they'll push you around even if you're under the floor or behind a wall.

However, short of turning them off, the only solution is to ignore it or use something else. MFR and Extra Utilities (I think... might be OpenBlocks) both add conveyor belts that work well. Mobs can spawn on the ExtraUtils ones, but not the MFR ones, if that factors into which you decide to use. EnderIO, Thaumic Tinkerer, RotaryCraft, and Blood Magic all also have blocks (or rituals) that can attract mobs and do some of the work of fans.