Is there a way to get rid of so many tiny trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
I found the perfect spot. In a sacred springs biome it's sooo beautiful wow but the problem is that there are sooo any of those tiny trees I can't even find the ground is there a more efficient way to do away with all these so I can start building a base here

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Make a sickle, it clears out leaves and stuff real good. You could also trying setting the forest on fire...

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm a fan of the Nature Scythe from Ars Magica 2, although as a rare drop from a very difficult boss, it's not easy to get.

However, flint and steel should do the job quite nicely, if you don't mind potentially burning down the whole biome.

Reactions: Omegatron

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Sacred springs is pretty much a biome that is 100% those stupid 1-block high trees. I love that biome - the cliffs...the colors...the waterfalls...but yeah. Any build that you want in a sacred springs area is going to involve some form of clear-cutting all the underbrush.

I used to just flint&steel everything and burn a nice wife ear patch, but these days, my method is usually, if I find a great spot I want y main base in, to make a waypoint for my map, and set up camp in some other area. Once I'm established and I'm ready to move from my start-up base to a "real" or "final" base, I usually have the tools to deal with stuff like this rather quickly.

But yeah, for starting in a sacred spring, I really can think of any "shortcuts" other than suggesting that you put on a movie or some music or a podcast or something to keep you from getting bored while you smash up dozens of mini-trees.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only correct way to clear large amounts of trees is this:

Important: you need to giggle whilst doing this. Oh and use a vacuum machine.
Also important: The most recent version apparently changes how axes handle leaves. Not sure what the impact of that is.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
like someone else said, sickle for precision clearing a patch and fire for shotgun approach.

When I built in that biome, I made my house on stilts and platforms. It looks nice if you build into the biome like that, especially with ramps and such across places. It has a downside of making tree breeding somewhat impossible though

Platinawolf

Jul 29, 2019
The MFR Harvester does wonderers to almost any tree,,, In theory it could even eat a sacred rubber sapling,,, As long as the trees are connected via leaves or wood it will happily nom a forest up without any upgrades :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
what is a bed rock axe? honestly I have never heard of that

It is an extremely powerful axe from RotaryCraft. Reika's last world tour showed just how easy it is to clear the Twilight Forest with it.

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
For mass leaves, a MFR harvester is 1 way. but you have to move it all the time.

I usually make a TiC hatchet with a steel head (or better). This will 1-shot leaves and use 0 durability. so you stand in an area. hold the mouse button down and spin. All the leaves vanish within your 5 block mining radius.