Is there a list somewhere of the different packs that support 1.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list somewhere of the different packs that support 1.6?

Ive tried one of those packs, but it didn't seem as cohesive to me as an FTB pack, and much more intrusive (as in mod stuff everywhere). This is by no means a bad thing, its just not the combination of mods I would like to play myself.

Im not sure where to find others? (I realize I can put together my own pack, but I have very limited time and look for an install-and-play solution)

BTW, i realize im in the FTB forums, im eagerly waiting for FTB too, but in the meantime i would like to try the new mechanics added by updated mods and such.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
The ones that I know of:

Resonant Rise (my choice)
Overload
SolitaryCraft
ehh, theres some others on the ATLauncher, but those are the big three.
Not sure, but there may be some on the technic launcher (Hexxit?)

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Also note that Forge 953 *seems* to have all but completely resolved block/item ID conflicts.

True story : I had major block/item conflicts when I put my first 1.6.4 pack together a couple of months ago. Just this week, however, I overhauled my server, updating to the latest versions of all the 1.6.4 mods I like, plus the latest version of Forge at the time, 953. I started with a clean (empty) config folder, no saved world, and booted up the server. To my absolute shock, surprise, and pleasure, I had zero(0) block/item ID conflicts. I had some other errors, yes, but didn't have to do the usual block/item ID dance.

Not counting the time to find and download all the mods (which is not trivial, of course), I had the new server up and running in an hour. Granted, previous experience helped a lot, but I swear the latest Forge has made major strides in getting mods to play together more nicely. Here's my mod list:

[1.6.2] Doggy Talents - v1.4.0.zip
[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev3.05.zip
[1.6.4]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.6.4.r02.Universal.jar
appeng-rv14-finale-mc16x.jar
BattleTowers_1.6.4.zip
BiblioCraft[v1.4.1].zip
binnie-mods-1.8-dev2.jar
buildcraft-A-1.6.2-4.1.2.jar
ChickenChunks 1.3.3.3.jar
CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.6.jar
CoFHCore-2.0.0.b3.jar
ComputerCraft1.56.zip
CraftingSuite-v0.1.8.2.jar
CreeperCollateral-1.6.4-2.2.9.jar
denLib-1.6.4-3.1.35.jar
EnchantingPlus-1.16.5.zip
EnderIO-1.6.4-0.4.4.73.jar
EnderStorage 1.4.3.5.jar
ExtraCells-1.5.6.jar
Factorization-0.8.12.jar
flatsigns-1.6.2-universal-1.4.0.15.jar
forestry-A-2.3.0.7.jar
Hats2.0.2.zip
HatStand2.0.0.zip
industrialcraft-2_2.0.305-experimental.jar
InventoryTweaks-MC1.6.2-1.56-b77.jar
ironchest-universal-1.6.4-5.4.1.618.zip
magicbees-2.1.7.jar
MineFactoryReloaded-2.7.2-143.jar
miscperipherals-3.4b2.zip.disabled
ModularPowersuits-1.6.2-0.8.0-44.jar
mystcraft-uni-1.6.4-0.10.11.00.zip
Natura_1.6.2_2.1.9.jar
neiaddons-1.6.2-1.9.3.r47.jar
NEIPlugins-1.1.0.4.jar
NetherOres-2.2.1-14.jar
NotEnoughItems 1.6.1.5.jar
Numina-1.6.2-0.0.1-32.jar
obsidiplates-1.6.2-universal-2.0.0.15.jar
PluginsforForestry-1.6.4-3.2.30.jar
PowerCrystalsCore-1.1.8-9.jar
Railcraft_1.6.2-8.2.0.0.jar
Ruins_1.6.4.zip
slick-util.jar
StevesCarts2.0.0.a134.zip
TConstruct_1.6.4_1.5.1d6.jar
Thaumcraft4.0.4c.zip
ThaumicTinkerer 2.0-26.jar
ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.b3.jar
Translocator 1.1.0.13.jar
twilightforest-1.20.1.jar
UsefulFood-1.6.2_1.4.4.zip
WR-CBE 1.4.0.6.jar

I don't have permission for a public mod-pack, but will be happy to send you a link to my Dropbox with the mods and config folders if you send me a private message.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
From the ATLauncher:
SolitaryCraft
Resonant Rise
ShneekeyCraft
DNS TechPack
SizzleCraft
MoonQuest
Explorer's Modpack
Magicality
From the Darkness
Hostile Thon

I recommend either building your own pack, or if you want something similar to the FTB packs RR or ShneekeyCraft.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe so, but it shouldn't be to hard to make that type of list.

Edit: These fine people above me have already created a list that sounds pretty accurate, I suggest that you go off those.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Merendel

Jul 29, 2019
I personaly prefer Solitary craft over Resonant rise. SC alows you to pick and choose what mods you want along in the pack by makeing almost everything optional while RR locks you into alot of them unless you manualy go in and yank them out of the install folder. My particular gripe with RR is that it includes several mods by default that have a ton of custom ore gen. I was rather flabbergasted when my first mining expedition after installing RR resulted in a full inventory before I even reached my second stack of cobblestone because I hit 30 or so types of gems, ores, and dust type minerals just diging the initial downward stairway. The metalurgy mod was a particular obnoxious offender in this regard. It may be realistic to need all these different types of metals to alloy togeather but its a pain to have to return to base every 5 minutes due to inventory problems till you are established enough to have multipule portable chest type items (bags/backpacks/ect...)

Otherwise both can end up being fairly similar to ultimate/unleashed(with more variance for SC depending on what mods you cut).

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I personaly prefer Solitary craft over Resonant rise. SC alows you to pick and choose what mods you want along in the pack by makeing almost everything optional while RR locks you into alot of them unless you manualy go in and yank them out of the install folder. My particular gripe with RR is that it includes several mods by default that have a ton of custom ore gen. I was rather flabbergasted when my first mining expedition after installing RR resulted in a full inventory before I even reached my second stack of cobblestone because I hit 30 or so types of gems, ores, and dust type minerals just diging the initial downward stairway. The metalurgy mod was a particular obnoxious offender in this regard. It may be realistic to need all these different types of metals to alloy togeather but its a pain to have to return to base every 5 minutes due to inventory problems till you are established enough to have multipule portable chest type items (bags/backpacks/ect...)

Otherwise both can end up being fairly similar to ultimate/unleashed(with more variance for SC depending on what mods you cut).
That was my impression, which eventually led me to simply using my own pack, with the same configs, and ripping a whole swathe of the mods out. It was only later that I realised that one of the ones I removed must have been responsible for the copper/tin/etc generation, and so I had to re-enable it in IC2 (and then make a TF portal from my quarry to find new worldgen.

Might throw COFH and TE in there now, and let that take care of things again.

I do have to say that there were two mods, I think, that seemed to make every block an ore cluster (one was metallurgy, and there was another that I forget), and they also included ores that you couldn't mine with anything below diamond, relatively high up. I dislike having to divert my tunnels around generation because it shouldn't be there (I've begrudgingly gotten used to the odd clumps of uranium/cinnabar/amber now, but there were too many to be going on with).

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Soon there will be an RRLite pack, which is ditching a large amount of the more useless ores (metallurgy specific ores that are staying are ONLY platinum and manganese) and the entire spectrum is going to be a LOT less dense.