Is it hard to use?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
There are certain fields of work that make you question the IQ of the entire human species. The three main ones that come to mine are retail, food service, & tech support.
And there are 3 places where human actions make you question how Darwinism hasn't killed them: driving, shopping, and eating.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
<== used to work retail and food service
Is now an invisible house keeper unless someone can't get in their room and I can't let them in.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
<== works in retail.
Alas so do I. In my experience I have found that the overwhelming majority of people CAN read. What they lack is the capacity to comprehend what they read. Combine that with arrogance and self entitlement and you realize that the zombie apocalypse has already happened.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
There are certain fields of work that make you question the IQ of the entire human species. The three main ones that come to mind are retail, food service, & tech support.

In a rather curious trend there exists:

http://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromRetail
http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport
http://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromThePizzaGuy/

I have read some the most depressing shit and the funniest shit together on those 3 sub reddits.

Back on topic: What this community needs is a video. A video of someone starting with a completely new install of Windows 7, performing all the steps required to get the computer running an FTB pack and setup anti virus.

Then, when people have Id10t errors, we show them that video. If they deviated from that video, that means they did something wrong. In my mind its that simple, but alas, people with lower intelligence then my desk have proved nothing can be that simple.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
And there are 3 places where human actions make you question how Darwinism hasn't killed them: driving, shopping, and eating.
Just thought I'd explain why. Warning labels. Lots of fucking warning labels.
As the not oft enough quote goes, "I'm not saying we should kill off all stupid people, I'm just saying we should remove all warning labels and let the problem sort it self out".

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Just thought I'd explain why. Warning labels. Lots of fucking warning labels.
As the not oft enough quote goes, "I'm not saying we should kill off all stupid people, I'm just saying we should remove all warning labels and let the problem sort it self out".

I've heard of a pretty nasty quote, but it's true too
If we killed off all the stupid people, then nobody would be left to do the lowest of low jobs, Everybody would be doctors and lawyers, and astronauts, but nobody would clean the toilet.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
If we killed off all the stupid people, then nobody would be left to do the lowest of low jobs, Everybody would be doctors and lawyers, and astronauts, but nobody would clean the toilet.
no one would need to if you learned to aim and put the damn lid down when you flush!

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Wow you guys store a lot of hatred for people with lower IQ (Yes, I am not going to say it :p).
nah, hatred for people who are too lazy to use their brains, too lazy to read an FAQ and instead clog up the helpdesk with a question that was answered in the FAQ. Hatred for people who waste our time, hatred for people who come to the forums and make a thread that's the duplicate of 5 or 6 others that could be easily found with the search fumnction. Hatred for people who believe that just because THEY made a thread, the answers that people give them (in regards to ideas and "tell me what to do I'm unimaginative!" threads) will be different from the answers theyve already given other people in other thread.

I just hate people in general really.

bob marley

Jul 29, 2019
Ok final answer.... just have DW20 do a mod spotlight on the launcher and put a link to it in the launcher. Seems obvious to me they can at least get the thing installed so just need a detailed video walking through the basic operation of the launcher.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Ok final answer.... just have DW20 do a mod spotlight on the launcher and put a link to it in the launcher. Seems obvious to me they can at least get the thing installed so just need a detailed video walking through the basic operation of the launcher.
That's a waste of time. Exhaust possibilities before you ask for help. At least there's evidence of effort.

I've asked for help quite a bit around here and I've received solutions quickly because I've presented what I tried first. My knowledge on certain areas isn't vast, but I try what I know first.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Wow you guys store a lot of hatred for people with lower IQ (Yes, I am not going to say it :p).
Hate? Nah, just think they need to either learn to use the 3-6% of their brains like the rest of us or we need to remove all warning labels on EVERYTHING and cry less when incidents happen.
I don't hate, I tolerate. But doesn't mean I don't resent and pity, and get spiteful and petty.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Hate? Nah, just think they need to either learn to use the 3-6% of their brains like the rest of us or we need to remove all warning labels on EVERYTHING and cry less when incidents happen.
I don't hate, I tolerate. But doesn't mean I don't resent and pity, and get spiteful and petty.
Also, you can be stupid and be a genius. If you don't know not to use the hair dryer while you're in the bath, then the IQ points are wasted on you, and you're a hazard to society.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Also, you can be stupid and be a genius. If you don't know not to use the hair dryer while you're in the bath, then the IQ points are wasted on you, and you're a hazard to society.
Eh, the Intelligence Quotient is a piece of shit anyway. It only focuses on one type of smarts, and there are several kinds in fact. I mean, despite all the Spechul Snowflake Syndrome in schools these days, the Multiple Intelligences Test is damn good.

Knowing not to use the hair dryer while taking a bath is called "having a basic sense of self preservation".
Not true; smart people would be able to do these things. Sure, you might not have that as your job title, but smart people know how to clean toilets, empty dishwashers, clean their own laundry, cook their own breakfast, and so forth. I just think we should, if it gets to that point, remove all warning labels and wait for natural selection to work it's FuCkInG mIrAcLeS!

343N

Jul 29, 2019
If people have low IQ and want it higher, then by all means ill support them.
But people who dont give others a chance to explain/let them understand what's going on, don't deserve help. If you want help, be open minded, don't be 100% certain about all your claims and for gods sake don't act like they HAVE to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.