Is gregtech worth in Monster pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hello all,

I played feed the beast extensively in version 1.4.7 of Minecraft and now I am back for the new Monster pack and I am wondering if Greg tech is worth adding to it? I really enjoyed it before because it gave me end game content, mainly the fusion reactor, but now it seems every content is has is already done in another pack and GT is just there to increase difficulty.

Can you guys give me your opinions?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Go ahead if you like it, you can always configure it via the config files or remove it if it isn't what you're looking for later.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
All the GregTech difficulty can be configured/turned off as needed.
A lot of the newer stuff is fairly neat- some of it is unique to the mod.
Almost certainly worth adding if you set the configs to your preferred difficulty.

Do you mind giving me an example of this new stuff?

Sicle

Jul 29, 2019
There is, as far as I know, nothing as end-game as GregTech at the moment, tech wise.
So I would add it if you had it before, and if you think some of the nerf's are a bit too much, you can always change the config, like others stated.[DOUBLEPOST=1388613612][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you mind giving me an example of this new stuff?
Look into the new fusion reactor on youtube, compared to 1.4.7 that's completely different, that's just one of the few things out the top of my head.

Overmorrow

Jul 29, 2019
All the GregTech difficulty can be configured/turned off as needed.

I couldn't find any way to configure GregTech to disable the hammer/screwdriver/double expensive plates recipes last time I checked, which can interfere with quite a lot of things.

Regardless, that's something you can get used to as you play for a little while with it and it just extends the gameplay and makes you come up with more interesting, efficient builds instead of just making everything crazily easy. If you played with it before you'll probably enjoy a lot of the newer things and changes that Greg has added to it, try it out.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I put GT in my pack, but just realized how far he went when I tried to make an iron pickaxe. I'll either disable it or turn off some of these retarded recipes.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Atomic Science would be worth looking into if you're search for novelty and complexity. The fulmination chamber is hilarious, power from explosions. You'll also have access to fission & fusion reactors as well as particle accelerators. They're all large multi block structures and yield high energy levels. Plus the render models look nice. GT blocks all looks like a rush job in MS Paint IMHO.

I'd never recommend anyone use GT. If you're set on trying it out I'd watch a few vids from BevoLJ to see what's been changed. Also, as mentioned by most everyone in this thread, alter the configs. His default settings are just bizarre.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Atomic Science would be worth looking into if you're search for novelty and complexity. The fulmination chamber is hilarious, power from explosions. You'll also have access to fission & fusion reactors as well as particle accelerators. They're all large multi block structures and yield high energy levels. Plus the render models look nice. GT blocks all looks like a rush job in MS Paint IMHO.

I'd never recommend anyone use GT. If you're set on trying it out I'd watch a few vids from BevoLJ to see what's been changed. Also, as mentioned by most everyone in this thread, alter the configs. His default settings are just bizarre.

Good suggestion. I need UE mod for it to work, right? If so, what can I use to convert the different energy types of UE and IC2 with the current Monster pack? In the past I could use the Power Converters mod, but it seems it was not added by default.

Regarding GT ~Yeah, I am spending more time trying to figure what happened to all the recipes after installing it than actually enjoying the game. I now realized I need a hammer for making plates for basically everything and I can't turn sticky resin into rubber in the furnace anymore. To get the rubber, I need an extractor and to make the extractor, I need rubber.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
If u watch bevo video like his latest one one, gregtech might take you a long time to start like the bronze age and etc, but the benefit in the late/mid game is better then any mods.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Good suggestion. I need UE mod for it to work, right? If so, what can I use to convert the different energy types of UE and IC2 with the current Monster pack? In the past I could use the Power Converters mod, but it seems it was not added by default.

Regarding GT ~Yeah, I am spending more time trying to figure what happened to all the recipes after installing it than actually enjoying the game. I now realized I need a hammer for making plates for basically everything and I can't turn sticky resin into rubber in the furnace anymore. To get the rubber, I need an extractor and to make the extractor, I need rubber.
I'm not sure, what all you need. I'm using the Resonant Rise modpack and it's a part of it so I've never installed it personally. As for conversion, UE based mids convert easily. If you add mekanism mod, it's energy cubes and universal cable give you seamless energy conversion on the fly. No messy setup like with power Converters. Plus mekanism gives you tools, armor, ore processing & a cooler jetpack than base IC2.

Reactions: PierceSG

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

UE mods are fully compatible with EU, MJ and RF as power sources and any form of cable converts UE power into any other type of power sans charge.

Reactions: PierceSG

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, thanks guys. I'll try it out.

I also recommend the other UE mods. MFFS, Modular Powersuits, Mekanism, Galacticraft and, um, ICBM all compliment Atomic Science so well. Be careful with those missiles though. I actually might just go play Calclavia's pack now.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
I also recommend the other UE mods. MFFS, Modular Powersuits, Mekanism, Galacticraft and, um, ICBM all compliment Atomic Science so well. Be careful with those missiles though. I actually might just go play Calclavia's pack now.

I have MFFS and ICBM(this mod is awesome) as well. The powersuits is cool, but too OP for me. I have replaced Mystcraft with Galacticraft as my dimensions mod and I also just added Atomic Science. I'm not sure I need Mekanism now that I added Resonant Induction. Thanks again for the tips :)

Edit: Actually, it seems Mekanism does something totally different than what I thought. I'll try it out also.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I have MFFS and ICBM(this mod is awesome) as well. The powersuits is cool, but too OP for me. I have replaced Mystcraft with Galacticraft as my dimensions mod and I also just added Atomic Science. I'm not sure I need Mekanism now that I added Resonant Induction. Thanks again for the tips :)

Edit: Actually, it seems Mekanism does something totally different than what I thought. I'll try it out also.

Yeah, Mekanism is a lot more than just wires. Together they make what IC2 was always meant to be. I don't quite understand replacing Galacticraft with Mystcraft though. If I had to pick one I'd pick Mystcraft, but I don't have to pick one. Why not both? Also I though Resonant Induction merged with Mekanism, meaning you're adding a duplicate mod.

BTW I don't like how similar your name is to mine. :-C I demand you change it, somehow...

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
The ue mods are amazing, the thing i really love is cheap steel recipe with basic component, 4 coal +1 iron= steel XD

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
The ue mods are amazing, the thing i really love is cheap steel recipe with basic component, 4 coal +1 iron= steel XD

Yeah, but the UE mods use steel a lot earlier in the game than over mods. It's used about as much as refined iron used to be. Kinda throws off balance. Nevermind that though.

Sicle

Jul 29, 2019
I now realized I need a hammer for making plates for basically everything and I can't turn sticky resin into rubber in the furnace anymore. To get the rubber, I need an extractor and to make the extractor, I need rubber.

The plates are only until you can make a plate bender or plate bending machine (its called something like that).
About the rubber, he added a bronze age, you can make machines out of bronze instead of steel, try looking for them, it includes 2 types of boilers, basically low pressure and high pressure, and some basics machines, furnace, extractor, compressor etc.. You can use that extractor to make your first rubber. And the 2 boilers he add aren't big multiblocks or anything, so no need to make big setups right from the start, they are actually quite efficient with coal in my opinion. The steam they produce can be transferred through pipes or can go directly into machines next to it. But be careful, the boilers do need a constant water supply from before heating up, and on the machines themselves you have to wrench them so there is some kind of hole on the top or one of the side, one that is not blocked by ANY kind of block, it's the steam release, because GregTech loves making everything a little different <3

OffTopic: Also @ RedBoss earlier, in my opinion Atomic Science doesn't look that good either x) Yeah GT is a rush job, but with a texturepack (no rush job anymore), I think it looks better, but that's all personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.