Is gregtech worth in Monster pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
Look into the new fusion reactor on youtube, compared to 1.4.7 that's completely different, that's just one of the few things out the top of my head.

When you will build your first macerator or pulverizer normal people will run Quarry+ and Rotarary Craft Extractors for building Ballistic Missile for own Moon base or MFFS flying base:) You can Enjoy tedious grinding to get your basic machines by hoping in one day to get quarry, whereas, others will enjoy playing magic and really high end interesting technical projects.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
mainly the fusion reactor

afaik the only thing that changed is hydrogen production, and it's not even that big deal of a change.

anyway, greg is worth putting in the pack if you enjoy playing his mod. if you are a server owner and you depend on traffic/donations, adding greg would put you into custom modpack territory and reduce your potential traffic.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Well I seem to of missed most of this thread, but oh well

RE Textures
I certainly agree that Greg is no graphic designer (bronze machine GUI is rather obnoxious colour)- but most of it is fairly reasonable. Connected textures on the casings make it a little easier and I think the random ore textures are fixed (that in itself is kinda neat).

Its not big issue when you have other mods filling the world with glowing ores/crystals and adding obnoxious high-def graphics and polygons.
Or filling the screen with annoying HUDs telling you everything.​

Do you mind giving me an example of this new stuff?

New ore gen-
Cassiterite (2xtin), Tetrahedrite (2x copper), Nickle, and overworld Sphalerite. Each only spawns in certain biome types, but you get fairly large ore nodes. Its worthwhile exploring your world to find these. (EBXL/BoP ones should work for this too).
also 2? types of Granite- hard rock, but with a bit of extra ore I think.
(config optional) steam power age/bronze age.
Also a upgrade to run most electric machinery directly on steam (lossless conversion too)
Massive gas/steam turbines and Thermal boilers (a supersize thermal genny- same as a 36HP boiler but uses lava efficiently and an option to filter out metals)

Fluid/Item pump upgrades to auto-eject from any side into neighboring machines/pipes/inventories. Electrical conducting to transfer energy through machines.
Solar panels are now plate items instead of blocks- they can be attached directly to the top face of a machine. Also (as with any plate) this protects machines from the rain.
Reactor heat vents can attach to the side of a machine and lower its Eu usage. (useful in the late game with higher energy machines)
Machine box- placeable machine hull/inventory to take item/fluid pumps, Eu transfer ect- fairly useful.

Theres a lot of added cross compatibility with the UE mods.

I need a hammer for making plates for basically everything and I can't turn sticky resin into rubber in the furnace anymore. To get the rubber, I need an extractor and to make the extractor, I need rubber.

Make a squeezing extractor for your first rubber (runs on steam power)
NEI is quite useful for figuring all his recipes out. Heck even Greg recommends installing it.

Reactions: xbony2
Status
Not open for further replies.