Is FTB Infinity Worldgen too village/city heavy?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gemberkoekje

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there,

Under the risk that I'm working on confirmation bias here, I have a question regarding worldgen in Ftb Infinity 1.3.4, server edition. I should add that I STARTED this server on 1.3.4, in case it matters.

After exploring my world for quite a bit now using a nice electric jetpack + Hangglider combo, I found the following:

4 cities, at least a dozen villages (including a few ice ones), 1 proper land dungeon, 2 sand dungeons, and 2 or 3 chests under cave spider trees.

Before playing this modpack, half the modpacks I played I never found a village, and before this modpack I've never even seen a city, and now in my world I have half a dozen within a few thousand meters. Conversely, I've never had problems finding dungeons, and I was half the time buried in things like extra division sigils and all other kinds of stuff I seldom used.

Now, I'm starting to get bored trying to find a dungeon while all I'm finding are cities. "Hey, it's cobblest.. oh, another city wall. yay." - and all that only because I want to find a division sigil to craft myself some nice stuff (as well as getting some cursed earth for a kickstart mob farm)

So, the question: Is this normal, am I extremely unlucky, is there something wrong with the config files? Is there anything I can do to increase the chances of a dungeon spawning and decreasing the chances of a city spawning? Or should I simply stop searching overland and start searching underground? I'm open to suggestions :)

~Gember

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
I got five in close proximity, but the rest of the world seems to have normal distribution.

You're very lucky!

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
The real shame is that the new witchery was still producing potion ID conflicts with rotarycraft, so I took the laziest possible solution and removed it.

I do like witchery, but it's not a pack essential like RoC

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Now, I'm starting to get bored trying to find a dungeon while all I'm finding are cities. "Hey, it's cobblest.. oh, another city wall. yay." - and all that only because I want to find a division sigil to craft myself some nice stuff (as well as getting some cursed earth for a kickstart mob farm)

Hold on I TL;DR'ed you...

What dungeons are you looking for above ground? I've scouted extensively in Infinity and never encountered such a thing.

For Division Sigils look:

Under Greatwood trees with spider webs on them there's chests under them(and cave spider spawners)
The Stone Henge circle thingies with the well in the middle, there's a dispenser under the water(and Witch Spawners)
Thaumcraft constructs, there's a chest on the square ones(and a wisp spawner)
Thaumcraft hollow hills, has iron bars on the entrance, 3 chests in those(and a Sinister node, which you guessed it spawns stuff)
Thaumcraft Desert pyramids, pyramid with 2 towers next to it, 3 chests under the bottom floor(and a sinister node, and another suprise)
Vanilla dungeons underground

OR in all those villages you're complaining about there are many chests, some(such as those in the Thaumcraft towers) contain dungeon loot.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I have barely explored and have a village (huge one, at that. Has a little castle, guards, and a lot of building types. Filled more than a chest of loot.), a taint biome. And one of those eldtritch obelisk things. Note that I have not gone far from spawn, only a few chunks. This may be luck, just wanted to contribute.

Gemberkoekje

Jul 29, 2019
Hold on I TL;DR'ed you...

What dungeons are you looking for above ground? I've scouted extensively in Infinity and never encountered such a thing.

For Division Sigils look:

Under Greatwood trees with spider webs on them there's chests under them(and cave spider spawners)
The Stone Henge circle thingies with the well in the middle, there's a dispenser under the water(and Witch Spawners)
Thaumcraft constructs, there's a chest on the square ones(and a wisp spawner)
Thaumcraft hollow hills, has iron bars on the entrance, 3 chests in those(and a Sinister node, which you guessed it spawns stuff)
Thaumcraft Desert pyramids, pyramid with 2 towers next to it, 3 chests under the bottom floor(and a sinister node, and another suprise)
Vanilla dungeons underground

OR in all those villages you're complaining about there are many chests, some(such as those in the Thaumcraft towers) contain dungeon loot.

Thanks, i found most of those at least once, no division sigils, however I wasn't aware of the druid circle loot, so I'll go around and check those out first, thanks!

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, i found most of those at least once, no division sigils, however I wasn't aware of the druid circle loot, so I'll go around and check those out first, thanks!

Cool cool! They are quite/incredibly rare dungeon loot, as said above they are a guaranteed drop from the wither though...

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
If you find magic chalk in a chest, make yourself a Runic Dungeon portal. More chest loot in there than you'll ever need.