Is anyone still working on an automated way to change the id blocks in direwolf 1.1.2 ==> 1.1.3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mlane16

Jul 29, 2019
So I am on a small local Direwolf 1.1.2 server, which literally just restarted a month ago.

I really wanted to contribute to this
direwolf 1.5 discussion, because I felt like I did have some important stuff to say about it especially since from the launcher this discussion was hard to find unless you knew exactly where to look (ex. this page http://www.feed-the-beast.com/news has some linking issues and could have used direct links to the feedback page so people could provide feedback). However, I find out on August 31st that the thread was closed.

There was on key point it felt in that thread before it was closed:

We have the configs set up and the new mod updates tested to load without crashing. While we finish testing we are working on finding a way to make it less likely for worlds to need resets on the DW20 pack. We are hoping to have a solution to prevent unnecessary restarts.
When I look at the follow up thread below, I have trouble seeing if that solution was ever actually presented as it seems to suggest that there is no way around a restart; however, it also seems to imply that ID blocks should not be an issue:

Press ok. We hit this during testing. (I'll make a post about it) A couple mods changed the names of items, which causes the game to say the id is mismatched for example:

Fir wood slabs used to be ExtraTrees_fir_slab and is now BinnieCore_fir_slab (not exactly but close) .. same id, same item, different name and the game goes "waaaah mismatched items" we couldn't find any instances where items disappeared when loading up save games after pressing ok and we had a lot of people testing and yanking their hair out, it is unlikely items will vanish if you are updating from the "Iwanttorestartmyworld" to 1.1.3 (insert standard disclaimer)

The second statement makes first statement kind of confusing and makes me wonder if the second statement is really a solution the ID block issue. I asked about this in FTB chat. A lot of people have mentioned that ftb staffs are still working on a solution to at least automate somehow the manual process of changing id blocks. In terms of either at least tell us all the id blocks that need to be changed or create a special program that automates the process of changing the id blocks from 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3.

I did looking through the forums, and I did find this interesting thread about mID gold:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/how-to-fix-the-dw20-1-5-packs-world-ids.28696/

This is a solution to the id block issue, but I am not sure if it truly an elegant one as it the only one of its kind that I have seen so far being proposed by anyone. Also even the person who proposed it mention issues with ID blocks. (A more elegant solution might be perhaps using the unifier itself to fix remaining id block issues.)

This brings me back to my original question though....
Is anyone FTB staff still working on an automated way to change the id blocks in Direwolf 1.1.2 ==> 1.1.3?

mlane16

Jul 29, 2019
Midas is the best way there is.
This is also what I heard when talking to the people on #Direwolf20. However, I was hoping someone might explain slowpoke second announcement about direwolf and in general if they are actually working on making it, more possible that worlds don't have to restarted from 1.1.2 --> 1.1.3.