Iron Tank isn't working

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

righN

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Iron Tank isn't working
Launcher Version:
Newest
Modpack:
FTB Unleashed
Modpack Version:
Newest
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hi, I'm new here. I and my friend playing old FTB pack "FTB Unleashed", because my computer isn't powerful to run modpacks like FTB Monster and something like that. I working on tree farm ant bio-fuel and i want to build iron tank to store bio-fuel but when i build it, it isn't connecting or isn't working i don't know how to tell :D. Here's a photo of my iron tank

http://imgur.com/dK93vOL

Size 9x9x8

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
May need more screenshots. That said:
* Confirm the entire "frame" is iron tanks (not valves or windows)
* Confirm no "steel" and "iron" tank mixing
* Confirm there's no extra iron tank blocks jutting out which would break the multiblock
* Confirm there's no invisible entities inside, such as from a nearby magical lighting source.

Once all these are settled, the multiblock will form. I haven't heard of an actual "bug" with the tanks in years.

righN

Jul 29, 2019
May need more screenshots. That said:
* Confirm the entire "frame" is iron tanks (not valves or windows)
* Confirm no "steel" and "iron" tank mixing
* Confirm there's no extra iron tank blocks jutting out which would break the multiblock
* Confirm there's no invisible entities inside, such as from a nearby magical lighting source.

Once all these are settled, the multiblock will form. I haven't heard of an actual "bug" with the tanks in years.
Frame is only iron tanks wall.
No steel and tank mixing
There's no extra iron tanks falls jutting out
I don't know how to do that :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
4) Brute force approach: fill the entire tank with dirt and scoop it out. I know railcraft can generate weird "heat" entities, and so do things like magical lamps that spread light farther than a torch.

Honestly attach more images though dude I wanna see the thing from multiple angles.

righN

Jul 29, 2019
4) Brute force approach: fill the entire tank with dirt and scoop it out. I know railcraft can generate weird "heat" entities, and so do things like magical lamps that spread light farther than a torch.

Honestly attach more images though dude I wanna see the thing from multiple angles.
I tryed that thing with dirt, but that isn't working.

Here's more photos

http://imgur.com/a/YOElQ

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
More angles would be nice. Looks like frame is missing in the top-right of the second image. Can't tell (not enough angles :p)
Also hard to tell if that valve is perfectly centered on the bottom.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Ok other than the hole in the second wall which I assume is how you got in, it looks fine.

You need to brute-force at this point dude. See if you can build the same structure elsewhere. If you can, its environmental, and probably an invisible entity of some sort.

Some blocks (such as magical lighting blocks) "send" light around by placing invisible torches everywhere. They can stop multiblocks from forming sometimes, so that's my best guess. You can try break your "firefly" if its such a device and seeing if you can build your tank afterwards. You should be able to put your firefly back on if this works, it will simply stop trying to place anything in there.

The fact that you can build tanks in other areas strongly suggests that's the case here.

righN

Jul 29, 2019
Your tank is 9 blocks tall, 8 is max.
8, you need to teach some maths..
Ok other than the hole in the second wall which I assume is how you got in, it looks fine.

You need to brute-force at this point dude. See if you can build the same structure elsewhere. If you can, its environmental, and probably an invisible entity of some sort.

Some blocks (such as magical lighting blocks) "send" light around by placing invisible torches everywhere. They can stop multiblocks from forming sometimes, so that's my best guess. You can try break your "firefly" if its such a device and seeing if you can build your tank afterwards. You should be able to put your firefly back on if this works, it will simply stop trying to place anything in there.

The fact that you can build tanks in other areas strongly suggests that's the case here.
But you can see that light or not? I tryed to fill up all gaps arround tank and destroy torches but i don't see any light then i destroyed my firefly but tank isn't working..

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
No it really is 9 blocks tall dude. The interior portion alone is 7 blocks tall, so when you include the floor and roof, it has to be 9 total.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
mr. crab is really correct man. Lower it, check the frame, ensure you have the bottom valve still in place. Produce screenshots if its still giving you grief and we'll comment again.