iOS 7: What do you think?

iOS 7: Your thoughts?

• Total voters

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Er... so as an iOS user you would not care about major updates to the operating system? lol what?

I've used iOS7 a couple of days now on an iphone 4S. I don't notice any performance loss, and the new visuals are nice. Siri is just as retarded as she ever was, the new easy-access swipe upward is nice, added camera features are nice. iTunes radio has excellent sound quality, some of the new UI is kind of hard to catch at first glance due to lower-contrast icons and text being used... that's about it for now. Mixed bag, but mostly positive.

I used mac 10.5 until about six months ago. That OS is old as hell.

Hmm, I'll probably use a jailbroken OS if I ever get one of those.

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
1. It's flat
2. The old one was fine. Why fix what isn't broken. No one I know wanted a whole new look.
3. NSA spying anyone?

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
1. It's flat
2. The old one was fine. Why fix what isn't broken. No one I know wanted a whole new look.
3. NSA spying anyone?
1. & 2. yeah -- i don't really care about that change. It didn't make it better, or worse in my opinion.
3. Seriously? You think the OS was updated for NSA spying purposes?

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Lots and lots of meh. I only updated because I hate seeing the red (1) indicating I have something to look at..

DrHexatron

Jul 29, 2019
1. & 2. yeah -- i don't really care about that change. It didn't make it better, or worse in my opinion.
3. Seriously? You think the OS was updated for NSA spying purposes?

Apple and Microsoft are implementing new tracking methods into devices.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
I don't really care for the "FLAT EVERYTHING!" user interface trend. It's kind of disappointing that Apple has jumped on the bandwagon too.

I'm still on iOS 6 and will remain there until iOS 7 is jailbroken. I don't think there are any new features in iOS 7 that I haven't already had through several iOS versions due to jailbreak tweaks. On my iOS 6 phone, I have something resembling the new Control Center, the new App Switching interface, the improved Notification Center, AirDrop, expanded Siri capabilities (I can even launch apps), and so on...

I didn't even need to jailbreak to get apps that work as well as the "new and improved" Safari (Chrome) or the new iTunes Radio (Pandora and Slacker Radio).

Aaaand...that's all of the new features listed on Apple's website. Nothing I don't already have on my phone, so I really don't mind waiting for iOS 7 to be jailbroken.