Invisible BC/Bees blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
That bug has been around since Minecraft beta 1.8? I think, when the mod was first made by Spacetoad ;P

FrostyWolf

Jul 29, 2019
There is no way to fix this? It's pretty bad. We only have 2 players on my server right now, with only some basic things set up at spawn, and I have pipes/hives/engines/machines/etc disappearing all the time. They are still there and can be broken and replaced to fix, but if you try to use them while they are invisible the client crashes. I found that a server reset will fix them all temporarily, but its far from a workable solution. I was testing out FTB to see if eventually I can replace my main minecraft server with it, and we love the collections of mods and everything, but this bug is enough for us to hold back.

No one knows what causes this and how to prevent it?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't found a fix per say, other than don't let others break your forestry blocks and place them somewhere else. I realise, as a server admin, you can't control everything people do, especially on a non-permission based server. However until FTB integrates that support I'm afraid that's just the rule you'll have to impose.

I recently did a map recent, my girlfriend, the server's resident "Bee Expert" has since then played with Forestry blocks, Apiaries, Carpenters and that block that gets honey drops and such from combs which name escapes me for the moment CENTRIFUGE. No-one has broken them and placed them elsewhere and thus far they haven't pulled dissapearing acts in the few days the map recent took place.

This also goes for the Themofabricator dealy Thermionic Fabricator I placed, broke and placed elsewhere. Hasn't pulled a dissapearing act as it was me who moved it.

I wish I understood the problem a little more so I could give more detail but I'm not as much of an expert as I think I am most of the time. I'll try look into it more and I'll post if I find a decent fix other than "Be patient and hope the FTB devs find one."

FrostyWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I still haven't found a fix per say, other than don't let others break your forestry blocks and place them somewhere else. I realise, as a server admin, you can't control everything people do, especially on a non-permission based server. However until FTB integrates that support I'm afraid that's just the rule you'll have to impose.

I recently did a map recent, my girlfriend, the server's resident "Bee Expert" has since then played with Forestry blocks, Apiaries, Carpenters and that block that gets honey drops and such from combs which name escapes me for the moment. No-one has broken them and placed them elsewhere and thus far they haven't pulled dissapearing acts in the few days the map recent took place.

This also goes for the Themofabricator dealy I placed, broke and placed elsewhere. Hasn't pulled a dissapearing act as it was me who moved it.

I wish I understood the problem a little more so I could give more detail but I'm not as much of an expert as I think I am most of the time. I'll try look into it more and I'll post if I find a decent fix other than "Be patient and hope the FTB devs find one."

That's not the problem tho. I have placed all the blocks myself on the server. There is only one other person playing and he has not messed with any BC/IC/Forestry stuff yet. It seems to be tied to chunk unloading/loading, tho I can't say for sure. For instance, if the chunk where your stuff is gets unloaded, it seems when it loads back into memory is when the issue is happening. I guess I could try World Anchors(?) and try to keep the area constantly loaded and see if that's what is causing the issue.

Reactions: Wabbit

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
That's not the problem tho. I have placed all the blocks myself on the server. There is only one other person playing and he has not messed with any BC/IC/Forestry stuff yet. It seems to be tied to chunk unloading/loading, tho I can't say for sure. For instance, if the chunk where your stuff is gets unloaded, it seems when it loads back into memory is when the issue is happening. I guess I could try World Anchors(?) and try to keep the area constantly loaded and see if that's what is causing the issue.
I must admit, the chunks which contain the blocks I listed are loaded with an anchor. That may be a good idea.

I really wish I could help you with a proper fix but I'm new to a lot of the mods from FTB. Tekkit has kept me pretty out of the mod loop, I'm afraid to say. As I said I'll try to look into it.

FrostyWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I just put down some World Anchors, bumped the ram the minecraft server has to 2048 and restarted, hopefully that will fix it.

FrostyWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Good luck!
I'll probably need it. Up until this point, none of us have messed with the whole BC/IC/Tekkit/etc thing. Me and one other guy are testing out FTB now so that whenever the FTB 1.4.4/1.4.5 update comes out we can decide if we want to roll it out on the main server. We normally play vanilla minecraft, or maybe a small handful of bukkit mods that just augment/fix existing things but don't add anything new. No custom clients, etc.

So we are pretty much completely lost. I'ts not that I can't grasp how to use the mods, there wiki pages are a pretty good start, and we already have quite a few things going. It's just that every time a bug comes up, it's kind of like "are we doing this wrong or...?" All the broken stuff from Extra-Bees really confused us at first, and there are a lot of items that I can see in NEI that I can not for the life of me find wiki pages/forum posts/anything about. Sapphire for instance. Or the Exo- gear (which turned out to actually be Factorization's Mecha- gear, but renamed I guess?)

I really wish, as improbable as it sounds, there was a help page or something here on FTB that listed all the new blocks/block IDS and what mods they are from.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Tekkit has spoiled us. It's shielded us from a lot of mods and I'm afraid to say we're very inexperienced. FTB has a lot going for it. It's integrated mods together so much better. Forestry and GregTech are the main mods that do this. For those that don't like the enormous change of pace, I forsee that support will be added for disabling different mods while still being compatible with servers. Feedback like this is a very good way to ensure that happens.

With any luck, we should be seeing a friendlier FTB in time, who knows, we may not even want to disable many mods once we're used to it.

Time will tell.

FrostyWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Well, no luck. The world anchors seem to lesson the problem for sure, but anytime I stop and restart the server, when I log back on, pipes/etc are missing in random places again. I normally have to stop/start the server multiple times till the all show up, craziest damn thing. The good news is, once I finally get them all showing up, the will * usually* all stay there.

nepocrates

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I had this issue as well sometimes the would be there but most the time they would not. it was realy bad when a player was minning and hit one of these invisabel hives. it would crash the client. I also had tree made up of entirly of dispenser and sticky pistons. I did the start and stop server until it worked but decided that this was not practical.

So in the end I finaly remove forestry from my server. I did like playing with bees :(

Invaders

Jul 29, 2019
The solution I'v found for this (provided you are having the same bug as me) is leaving and logging in again or causing the affected block to update. I have never seen this with anything bee related, but I don't use bees all that much to know.

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
i think its they factorization mod we just had they spawn on fire and at they same time every onces stuff whent missing blocks and pipes from bc

Pilzdieb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this bug is server and destroys the whole gameplay. If you begin to spread out, every second apiary, pipe, engine, steamboiler, coke oven, blast furnace etc. is missing or not working and if you click where the machines should be, Minecraft crashes.
Only way to fix this for one session I found was to use Chunkster and fix the buggy chunks. If you log in again, the whole problem starts again.

Extra Bees shouldnt be the problem since extra bees was removed from the package.

Edit: Here the Error-Report if you click on missing blocks.
http://pastebin.com/HjJMHxPm

ehrie

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having this problem as well and it is maddening. For me it's BC Pipes, Forestry everything, Factorization Barrels and Railcraft Rails.

Robet24

Jul 29, 2019
It's a synch bug. I had the same problem months ago but only on LAN servers. According to Sirsengir (months ago), its a vanilla bug.

Pilzdieb

Jul 29, 2019
How did you solve it? Why are only mod-blocks concerned and not vanilla blocks?
I switched from Tekkit to FTB, so I dont know what bugs in Vanilla occur since 1.2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.