Invisible BC/Bees blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
So I run a little FTB server and one of the players likes the Bees mod. However the Apiary block seems to like turning invisible and crashing people when you try to open the gui. This has also happened with the thermionic fabricator and the two engines it had attached to it. (Steam)

I don't know if that issue's been addressed, I couldn't find it, if it has just link me to the page.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
However the Apiary block seems to like turning invisible and crashing people when you try to open the gui.

Can we get a crash log from one of the members that are crashing.

Loading up my personal server to test other problems.
Edit : Can't do that yet since servers are down.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to google around about this error and all they said is that it maybe IDs

Look into your Server and Client folders there is a folder named Config.
Open forestry config and check if IDs are the same.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to google around about this error and all they said is that it maybe IDs

Look into your Server and Client folders there is a folder named Config.
Open forestry config and check if IDs are the same.
Ahhh I get you. I'll check it out.

EDIT: Hm... Now this is odd.

Client: http://pastebin.com/rAajxVQK http://pastebin.com/paDnQa87
Server: http://pastebin.com/xpPP2BBg (I'm not sure why it spaced them like that. It's not like that in the file.)

EDIT2: Wow I just realized I copied the wrong conf file.

This is the right one. http://pastebin.com/paDnQa87

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Cheers, hon!
I'll just tell the server to stay away from forestry for the time being.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure of the exact fix here, Wabbit, but I can confirm this has been happening on my server as well (for Forestry mailboxes). My suspicion is that is has to do with permissions/ownership set by one member, then the object being destroyed. Do you know if any of these invisible objects were hacked at by pickaxes or the like?

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure of the exact fix here, Wabbit, but I can confirm this has been happening on my server as well (for Forestry mailboxes). My suspicion is that is has to do with permissions/ownership set by one member, then the object being destroyed. Do you know if any of these invisible objects were hacked at by pickaxes or the like?
Well, the two apiaries were moved from one place to another after a player placed them somewhere, yes. But they turned invisible after being placed somewhere else... By me... Hm.

But then the two engines and the Thermostatic Fabricator went invisible with them and they were only placed once by me. They weren't hacked at.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that it was set with permissions by one user than broken/placed by another confirms my suspicions a bit more. Can you test to see if this behavior still occurs when the apiaries are placed/owned/broken by ONLY you? =)

Johnley

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the same server as Punny Bunny, and the only way i can trigger this bug is when i go to a Mystcraft age or use a mystcraft book and then come back.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
W
The fact that it was set with permissions by one user than broken/placed by another confirms my suspicions a bit more. Can you test to see if this behavior still occurs when the apiaries are placed/owned/broken by ONLY you? =)
Well when I first noticed the bug I broke the blocks and placed them myself twice. Before the servers went down before I had replicated the bug for Lawbroken. When I came back on the server, they seemed to be fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1352913477][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm on the same server as Punny Bunny, and the only way i can trigger this bug is when i go to a Mystcraft age or use a mystcraft book and then come back.
My girlfriend uses Mystcraft a lot on the server. I've never seen a bug with it. So far only the Forestry blocks have given me trouble.

cccwebs

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if this bug has something to do with the missing text on signs as well. I've noticed that some signs have missing text when logging in, but that text returns when switching between ages. The only forestry machine I have running at this time is a moistener and I notice that sometimes it goes missing when returning from other ages. I have noticed other mod blocks missing (a barrel from factorization, pipes from buildcraft) as well, but all missing blocks return on logging out and back in. If I click on any missing items I get a null pointer error crash.

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
Missing text on signs is a known vanilla Minecraft issue. Other missing blocks you mention are odd, and I've seen the null pointer error when accessing those invisible blocks. My guess would be that they're in a bad state after being accessed by different players or from changing item permisions (a la mailboxes). Unfortunately, I don't know of a fix for that. =(

cccwebs

Jul 29, 2019
Missing text on signs is a known vanilla Minecraft issue. Other missing blocks you mention are odd, and I've seen the null pointer error when accessing those invisible blocks. My guess would be that they're in a bad state after being accessed by different players or from changing item permisions (a la mailboxes). Unfortunately, I don't know of a fix for that. =(
No other players have logged onto my server in several days (my kids are the only other players and they're grounded)

Punny Bunny

Jul 29, 2019
The problem, though is not knowing whether or not those blocks are already in a bad state. I would suggest playing around in a creative/survival world (give yourself any items you need) and see if you can reproduce the issue without any other interference. If that's the case, it's likely down to permissions or just general buggyness. If it doesn't repro, it's likely attributable to other player's interactions.

Gehe

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the same issue. This bug happens to pipes of all sorts, apiary, carpenter, engines, tank (and sometimes just the content), bottler etc.

Upon using this invisible device the game crashes. But destroying invisible pipes does not crash the game...
i dont think it is related to the ownership of certain items because it happens to block that are mine and others. Dont think the other player on the same server has the same issues.

I really hope there is a fix for this problem and does not think that this is a common issue because of the little attention it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.