Inventions Discussion, help, venting, & showing off creations thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone. I was wondering what everybody's thoughts on inventions. What are some goals you guys have set, and how are you progressing to achieving them? If you all build any interesting factories and whatnot, you can post them here.

Personally, I have only had time to get the basic mostly vanilla stuff set up, and I am about ready to start building machines, so nothing fancy has come from me yet, but I will keep everyone posted.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone. I was wondering what everybody's thoughts on inventions. What are some goals you guys have set, and how are you progressing to achieving them? If you all build any interesting factories and whatnot, you can post them here.

Personally, I have only had time to get the basic mostly vanilla stuff set up, and I am about ready to start building machines, so nothing fancy has come from me yet, but I will keep everyone posted.

If you're willing, snap some pics of the early game. It's always fun to see how a world evolves as tech moves on.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I have decided for now my goal is to make a factory to mass produce typewriters, and maybe make a distribution center for them as well.
2016-06-07_14.01.01.png

The compound so far with a chicken farm, the main room where I have stuff, and the coke oven
2016-06-07_14.01.24.png
The main base with a steam engine powering an energy cell and some basic EE3 Stuff

I am planning to dividing my base into separate buildings, one for storage, one for power, etc.
Progress might be a little slow due to the amount of time I can spend playing minecraft, but we will see how it goes.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I have decided for now my goal is to make a factory to mass produce typewriters, and maybe make a distribution center for them as well.
View attachment 27868

The compound so far with a chicken farm, the main room where I have stuff, and the coke ovenView attachment 27869 The main base with a steam engine powering an energy cell and some basic EE3 Stuff

I am planning to dividing my base into separate buildings, one for storage, one for power, etc.
Progress might be a little slow due to the amount of time I can spend playing minecraft, but we will see how it goes.

Is that a lock on one of your doors? How did you do that?

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
View attachment 27868

The compound so far with a chicken farm, the main room where I have stuff, and the coke ovenView attachment 27869 The main base with a steam engine powering an energy cell and some basic EE3 Stuff

What items does one need to start EE3? I looked around for some guides but couldn't find much information. I'm not sure which items I need to craft for starting it. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
What items does one need to start EE3? I looked around for some guides but couldn't find much information. I'm not sure which items I need to craft for starting it. :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Stone, Iron, and Glass. A bit of furnace fuel. An item with high enough EMC to net Minimum Dust in a Calcinator and a book. Oh, and some chalk - one piece should be enough.

https://github.com/pahimar/Equivalent-Exchange-3/wiki/Getting-started

Edit: Be aware that EE3 basically allows for infinite resources of any kind you have scanned into your book. Also, the github i linked has a few items that aren't named the same as the mod, but it's a good enough start. There is a chart with EMC values buried in there too somewhere, which is helpful for getting underway.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is that a lock on one of your doors? How did you do that?

He's using Sphax textures, which was always my favorite. However, I haven't been able to run Sphax resource pack during the 1.7.10 era at all (just could never get it working without lag). I miss Sphax. But it seems like it's lost a lot of its popularity, and I think a lot of the mod-specific textures haven't been updated in a long time which, for a resource pack is almost like a death sentence IMO. RIP Sphax.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
That image wasn't in his spoiler. But that door is definitely not a Sphax texture. Perhaps it's from Malisis Doors mod?

It most certainly is in is image. The structure on the left in the first image. It probably is from Malsis.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It most certainly is in is image. The structure on the left in the first image. It probably is from Malsis.

That's weird, there are now 2 images in his spoiler, but 10 minutes ago there was only the second image. LOL

Anyhow, it's not Malisis Doors mod, it is definitely a vanilla minecraft Spruce door, which does not have a "lock", as you have noted... look at the other door in the image. That's the Spruce Door, which has a circular ring for a handle.

So what I'd imagine is going on is that something on the other side of that "door with lock" is poking thru and glitching slightly... which gives the door the appearance of having a lock. That's my guess.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
That's weird, there are now 2 images in his spoiler, but 10 minutes ago there was only the second image. LOL

Anyhow, it's not Malisis Doors mod, it is definitely a vanilla minecraft Spruce door, which does not have a "lock", as you have noted... look at the other door in the image. That's the Spruce Door, which has a circular ring for a handle.

So what I'd imagine is going on is that something on the other side of that "door with lock" is poking thru and glitching slightly... which gives the door the appearance of having a lock. That's my guess.
Actually iirc Malisis Doors might have locks but it probably is something glitching through the door

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone found a way to automate ee3?

I've found a number of positive feedback loops in it so far, but I have yet to try to automate it. I've been spending most of my time collecting samples so I will have access to as large a pallette as possible for my project and building basic infrastructure for a number of mods. We added a few mods to the pack as well, so I'm learning more than just a few new things.

I have to admit that EE3 has made storage a non-issue for the early game. Anything with an EMC value gets turned into diamonds (and eventually diamond blocks) for compact storage. Most of my chests are alloys, machine parts, and ores. I'm sure I'll end up with a bunch of these things that don't have EMC, but I'm debating if an AE2 system is even needed. Definitely not for a while, at least.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
I've found a number of positive feedback loops in it so far, but I have yet to try to automate it. I've been spending most of my time collecting samples so I will have access to as large a pallette as possible for my project and building basic infrastructure for a number of mods. We added a few mods to the pack as well, so I'm learning more than just a few new things.

I have to admit that EE3 has made storage a non-issue for the early game. Anything with an EMC value gets turned into diamonds (and eventually diamond blocks) for compact storage. Most of my chests are alloys, machine parts, and ores. I'm sure I'll end up with a bunch of these things that don't have EMC, but I'm debating if an AE2 system is even needed. Definitely not for a while, at least.
I've always hated the monotony of sorting through storage and stuff anyway, but I may make a big storage system later just for looks. I was kind of hoping to automate EE3 with some cobblestone generators since we don't get collectors anymore.

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Progress update: I came to realize that despite the casual nature of this modpack, the quarry is actually gated behind of a lot of industrial craft machines. Naturally, I decided that rather than actually progress through industrial craft and use its machines in a beneficial way, I would go straight for the quarry and immediately abandon the machines after. I would not normally even bother with IC until I want UU matter. So over the past couple of days I have made a ton of industrial craft machines that I will probably never use, and I have used up countless stacks of iron (big thanks to EE3 for allowing me to not go mine more,) so now I have no iron to use for the railcraft tanks I want to build. My next step will be to find a way to actually power the quarry and possibly build a proper factory that doesn't have industrial craft machines sticking through all the walls.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Progress update: I came to realize that despite the casual nature of this modpack, the quarry is actually gated behind of a lot of industrial craft machines. Naturally, I decided that rather than actually progress through industrial craft and use its machines in a beneficial way, I would go straight for the quarry and immediately abandon the machines after. I would not normally even bother with IC until I want UU matter. So over the past couple of days I have made a ton of industrial craft machines that I will probably never use, and I have used up countless stacks of iron (big thanks to EE3 for allowing me to not go mine more,) so now I have no iron to use for the railcraft tanks I want to build. My next step will be to find a way to actually power the quarry and possibly build a proper factory that doesn't have industrial craft machines sticking through all the walls.

Yet you used the machines to build the Quarry. ;) Pretty well-used machines you'll never use IMHO! :D

IC2 does have the advantage that if you have enough overclocker upgrades you can max machine output to the the maximum limits the author has imposed on the machine processing speed! :D

It's a bit of a trade-off but hey for anything you can transmute you don't need IC2 for, and the rest just get processed in IC2. You should set up an IC2 factory dedicated to doing nothing but processing an extensive backlog of ores your quarry is digging up for you! This modpack is about building large complex factories, anyway! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
Yet you used the machines to build the Quarry. ;) Pretty well-used machines you'll never use IMHO! :D

IC2 does have the advantage that if you have enough overclocker upgrades you can max machine output to the the maximum limits the author has imposed on the machine processing speed! :D

It's a bit of a trade-off but hey for anything you can transmute you don't need IC2 for, and the rest just get processed in IC2. You should set up an IC2 factory dedicated to doing nothing but processing an extensive backlog of ores your quarry is digging up for you! This modpack is about building large complex factories, anyway! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid
Usually I just set things up so that every ore available to mine has it's own pulverizer and 2 redstone furnaces attached to it, then I pump the ingots into the correct chest or AE system from there. Interesting idea though. I usually avoid industrial craft because I prefer not to hammer ingots into plates then cut them into wires etc. The industrial grinder seems to be a really efficient machine in terms of macerating ore, but I am sure I would have to build a lot of them, and since each one requires a multiblock structure, I think that would not be worth using for the sake of saving space.