Invalid Username or Password!

decepticonslayer

Jul 29, 2019
I just got the FTB launcher (note massive mod noob here) and I did all the requirements and type in my minecraft username and password. It said every time I tried that one of the 2 are invalid. Someone please help me understand what to do to fix this problem. I would very much appreciate it!
;)

decepticonslayer

Jul 29, 2019
Uh why just not find the issue? Im not going to get a craked version when I know I can fix the issue at hand with some more help other than "Use a good old Cracked launcher"

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to contact Mojang. You may have fallen victim to an account compromise.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
First step when username/password doesn't work is help.mojang.com and check if authentication services are down.

If all servers are up and green:
Go to www.minecraft.net and attempt to log into the website.

If you cannot log in:
You may have had your account stolen by somebody who guessed your password. Go back to help.mojang.com and contact support.

If you can log in:
Completely remove your Minecraft and launcher installations (including the stuff in %appdata%). Redownload the launcher and try again.
And/Or:
Change your password via the website. Some users recently had login troubles and were able to resolve them by changing their passwords.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I found I'd get invalid username/password errors randomly, and when I look into the profile section of the ftb launcher, my password is about 30-40 characters long. It added lots of random characters onto the end of my password, which then made it invalid obviously

decepticonslayer

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for not responding to all of you sooner! I just deleted the pack and re downloaded it. My FTB pack works now! Thanks for everyone that helped![DOUBLEPOST=1386632263][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please do not encourage other users to use illegitimate ways to play the game, at least not publicly, on this forum.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
I don't know if your talking to me or the idiot that told me to use a cracked launcher. His comment is gone now so I don't know if you were responding to me or the guy that gave me really bad advice.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Not replying to you, so no worries there. :) And glad it worked for you. Enjoy the game. :D

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

farandbeyond

Jul 29, 2019
im having a very wierd problem.
earlier today, i had no problems logging in to ftb unleashed
now its giving me "invalid username or password"
ive changed my password once and it worked.
then later, it didnt again.
ive migrated my account since them, changed my password, and deleted and re-downloaded ftb launcher and jar.
everything is correct in the login please help.[DOUBLEPOST=1387062465][/DOUBLEPOST]also, throughout ive sucessfully logged in to minecraft.net so its not on mojangs end (as far as i know)

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome. I've noticed that sometimes the password gets corrupted. Since it is asterisked (*) out and unreadable I can only assume that, as it appears to either double or gain a lot of extra characters in it. Not sure of the cause or how often it happens in the new launcher version. The next time it happens check the profile and see if it looks like your password got corrupted.

farandbeyond

Jul 29, 2019
there was a new launcher version and it works now. not sure if it was the update or if it was on my end. thanks for your suggestion though.

Jul 29, 2019
Help I tried the same thing and doesn't work I redownloaded forge and ftb lancher and when I goto launch it tells me invalid password or username