Interesting ae2 setups/challenges

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PantherPeak

Jul 29, 2019
Here's one that was presented to me today by another player on my server.

Challenge: How would you duplicate the effect of a cyclic assembler paired with a manager tube for auto crafting? (If unfamiliar with either, cyclic assembler is an auto-crafter, and a manager tube from the Tubes! mod will retrieve exact numbers of specific items from the reachable item network, to populate the auto-crafter with its recipe). No molecular assemblers allowed, but you can use process crafting patterns. The subsystem should not take more items from the network than it needs to complete its job. Oh, and you can't use the terminal to request the job. The system needs to request it on its own, either on a timer or when the output is empty.

An exporter on its own will simply fill up the attached inventory or drain your ME network of the specific item. I'm thinking you might be able to do something with crafting cards, but I only understand how they work in level emitters - not in interfaces or export buses.[DOUBLEPOST=1414308193][/DOUBLEPOST]And here's part of my AE2 setup -- the machine room for automating all AE2 crystal/processor production.

ZN3MF4E.png

The crystal purification design is copied from: http://imgur.com/a/NhLB9.
The processor crafting design is copied from: http://imgur.com/a/2o8PC#Phm72yx

The rest (fluix crystal formation, certus charging, crafting seeds and silicon) I just sort of pieced together. With all that out of the way, AE2 is much less tedious to play with. And it looks damn cool.

Hi I know this was from a long time ago but can somebody tell me what the block is that he used to build the ceiling. I've been trying to find it but i cant

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There was something I almost managed to automate in the AE1 that you could try.

Make your ME network "self-aware", in the sense that it realises when its' storage gets low, automatically crafts a new storage disk and inserts it into the drive.

Additionally, detect when its' drive is getting full of disks, craft and place another. Essentially making its' capacity self-expanding.

PRAISES BE TO COLIN!

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
My problem - as it were - with AE2's channels system is that I don't see how it maps to the data structures that are used to implement AE2 - so, for me, any "complexity" challenge offered by AE2 should encourage the design of CPU efficient systems.

My minecraft, when I get to the point that my AE2 system is scaling out, invariable starts to suffer from performance issues - so it is rather important (to me) that I use the AE2 abstractions in a CPU efficient way. And having craploads of P2P tunnels and sub systems would seem to make AE2 have a lot of extra work to do.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
An ore processing setup.

Ordinarily simple, but this ore processing setup requires your ME network to place ore blocks in an area, unleash ordo imbued fire onto them, then grab the converted metal blocks before releasing perditio imbued fire to clean up the ordo fire.

Rinse, repeat as long as there is ore in the network.

Oh and you have to autocraft the fires aswell :)