Interested In Making A Super Hardcore Survival Pack

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So for a while I've been on and off working on a Hardcore Survival Pack I like to jokingly call NAM, (Not Another Modpack) and the reason it's off and on is frankly because it gets boring just making a pack all by myself. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a pack so hardcore, it requires a complete mastery of Minecraft and the pack's mods to beat? I'd also like to prioritize server play and resource scarcity, while making automation more of a long time goal than an immediate answer.

If you feel like you might want to start a team around this ambition, please do not hesitate to post.

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
I could help you.. I have a feeling of what you want.. Do you mean mastery of mods or survival skills? I can help with personal experience of vast mods.. get back to me if you want me to help!

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I could help you.. I have a feeling of what you want.. Do you mean mastery of mods or survival skills? I can help with personal experience of vast mods.. get back to me if you want me to help!
I'm looking to make my mod require both, actually

So, welcome aboard the team then! Population, 2.

So, I guess this means this would require precision planning and easy communication channels... Is Steam Voice Chat okay with you, or are you more of a typed chat dude?

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking to make my mod require both, actually

So, welcome aboard the team then! Population, 2.

So, I guess this means this would require precision planning and easy communication channels... Is Steam Voice Chat okay with you, or are you more of a typed chat dude?
I prefere teamspeak or Skype.. I never used Steam Voice Chat but I could try if you would like

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Don't really have to much time right now (You wouldn't know it, considering how much time I spend on these forums); however, I would be interesting in seeing or playing a super hardcore pack.
I'll be watching. ;)
Hopefully you make something cool!

Reactions: 1SDAN and Fyuiy

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Don't really have to much time right now (You wouldn't know it, considering how much time I spend on these forums); however, I would be interesting in seeing or playing a super hardcore pack.
I'll be watching. ;)
Hopefully you make something cool!
Sure we will! We will keep an updated post once we work out the details!

colt29

Jul 29, 2019
I would be interested in this as well.

If you would be interested in a population of 3, let me know which voice/typed chat is decided on.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I would like to have some part in this, but between my computer, time, and lack of real skill in anything that may be needed for this I do not know what I would do...

Anyway, best of luck and if I will ever get off my butt and get a decent computer I will give your pack a shot. Hopefully I will enjoy my many deaths due to my derps.:D

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I would be interested in this as well.

If you would be interested in a population of 3, let me know which voice/typed chat is decided on.
Welcome to the team! PM me your Steam IGN and I'll add you

Fyuiy

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I would like to have some part in this, but between my computer, time, and lack of real skill in anything that may be needed for this I do not know what I would do...

Anyway, best of luck and if I will ever get off my butt and get a decent computer I will give your pack a shot. Hopefully I will enjoy my many deaths due to my derps.:D
Lightweight modpack.. not many mods.. I think the most we'll go is 80.. you can be apart of the team if you can contribute

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Lightweight modpack.. not many mods.. I think the most we'll go is 80.. you can be apart of the team if you can contribute

My laptop can only play vanilla 1.8 half decently due to the fact it is running a apu and 1.8 can use the pretty good integrated GPU, last try for even vanilla 1.7 had it running at 17 frames in a fresh world. I will get a better PC at some point, but I cannot build one at this time or any time soon.

Again, I honestly do not know what I could do, and even if I could do it I am like psp in that time is a issue despite how often I am on the forums. Like the computer this will be a issue for at least a few more months. I could maybe write up something like a pack description, lore, etc. but even then there are plenty of people who could do it much better, faster, be easier to work with due to scheduling, and easier due to general communication.

Best of luck still!:)

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
My laptop can only play vanilla 1.8 half decently due to the fact it is running a apu and 1.8 can use the pretty good integrated GPU, last try for even vanilla 1.7 had it running at 17 frames in a fresh world. I will get a better PC at some point, but I cannot build one at this time or any time soon.

Again, I honestly do not know what I could do, and even if I could do it I am like psp in that time is a issue despite how often I am on the forums. Like the computer this will be a issue for at least a few more months. I could maybe write up something like a pack description, lore, etc. but even then there are plenty of people who could do it much better, faster, be easier to work with due to scheduling, and easier due to general communication.

Best of luck still!:)

TBH, when I started making this pack I was a complete modpacking N00b. Now I'm working with a team and making complex tech trees with ease. Trust me, MineTweaker is WAY easier than it seems.

But as for the FPS and time thing, there's really no easy solution for those.

Thanks for your interest in our pack, I'll make sure to keep you guys posted

Last edited:
Reactions: gold49

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
So, I just found that SOMEHOW I didn't notice one mod was 1.8 and one mod was 1.6...
Then again their versions weren't listed. Development is now beginning once more!

Reactions: gold49

420Kebab1337

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to use a preset map?
Also, are you going to make sure hunger will be a tough problem to deal with early on in the pack? I love that stuff :p

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Are you going to use a preset map?
Also, are you going to make sure hunger will be a tough problem to deal with early on in the pack? I love that stuff :p
No, maps will be the normal procedural generation type
Yes, hunger will be quite insane in the beginning, and Spice of Life will be used for adding a sort of parallel to the various vitamins and minerals we humans require

raresmocanu

Jul 29, 2019
If it helps you could check out my pack, Don't Forget.It certanly has the Super-Hardcore aspect,and the maps are proceduraly generated.I don't really have the time to take another project,but i can answer questions and give tips if you need them and consider me qualified enough.