Integrated Dynamics Peat Automation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
Is there a way to automate a forestry peat farm with Integrated Dynamics? I'm trying to use it to detect when bog earth is mature and then output a redstone signal to a block breaker to break the block. My problem is that as far as I can tell, Integrated Dynamics can't detect whatever block property maturity is stored in. Is there perhaps another way to do this without having to make a multifarm?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Use to do this in the old days with RedPower, Pistons, Block Breakers, Block Placers and a Timer.
Usually by the time the row of blocks reached the breakers, they had converted to peat, then it was just a case of routing the peat or dirt to the correct locations, and crafting more bog earth.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Integrated Dynamics can't detect whatever block property maturity is stored in

If you have extrautilities2, you might be able to get the https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Scanner_(Extra_Utilities_2) to work for you. It gives off redstone signals depending on various conditions (like block state). It works somewhat similarly to the vanilla detector. You might be able to get integrated dynamics to read the signal.

BTW ... there's a DireWolf20 spotlight if you get stuck.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
If you have extrautilities2, you might be able to get the https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Scanner_(Extra_Utilities_2) to work for you. It gives off redstone signals depending on various conditions (like block state). It works somewhat similarly to the vanilla detector. You might be able to get integrated dynamics to read the signal.

BTW ... there's a DireWolf20 spotlight if you get stuck.
Thanks! Didn't think of that; it was really easy to set up! Just a block placer and breaker, set to break on a redstone signal, and the scanner set to output a signal when the block is mature!

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I'm not sure... not even quite sure what those are since I'm relatively new anyway :/
Back in the day, and we're talking like 1.3 era and prior, Forestry used a pair of machines to automate natural resources, typically one which planted the resource and one which collected it, both in an area of effect around the machines.

Then in... I'm wanting to say 1.4 era, but could've been 1.5 era, Sengir decided he needed multiblocks in his life, reached out to CovertJaguar (author of Railcraft), and came up with the multiblock farm.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore about Forestry in general. Industrial Foregoing fills the same niche, and does it strictly better. Thermal Dynamics backpacks now have all functionality of the Forestry backpacks, except you can set up custom filters on each one instead of having preset filter lists that need editing in a config file to change.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
They're back now. Crop, Mushroom, Tree Farms, Gourd, Infernal, Ender and Peat Bogs as single blocks.

Attachments

• 2018-11-26_08.46.30.png
    2018-11-26_08.46.30.png
    614.2 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: GamerwithnoGame