Installing Custom NPCs in Multiplayer

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone.

My tiny community of multiplayer friends and I are going about installing custom NPCs on our Tech World 2 server.

A couple questions:
1. We all have to have it installed, but do we all need to enable it in the "edit mods" menu for it to work for those that want to use it?

2. Do we actually have to install forge to successfully install it? It was my understanding that forge is already included in current versions of minecraft.

3. Will we have access to the custom npc armors or will we have to craft them? (For example the ninja armor, custom weapons, rifles, crossbows, shields, etc)

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Hi everyone.

My tiny community of multiplayer friends and I are going about installing custom NPCs on our Tech World 2 server.

A couple questions:
1. We all have to have it installed, but do we all need to enable it in the "edit mods" menu for it to work for those that want to use it?

2. Do we actually have to install forge to successfully install it? It was my understanding that forge is already included in current versions of minecraft.

3. Will we have access to the custom npc armors or will we have to craft them? (For example the ninja armor, custom weapons, rifles, crossbows, shields, etc)
1.it must be enabled.

2.in FTB it is already there.

3.you will need to make crafting recipies/quests for them.

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Super, thank you Qaz!

For those that come across this thread:
I found this to help expand on your answer for #3: It shows how to craft custom items and weapons - Here[DOUBLEPOST=1406580877][/DOUBLEPOST]
1.it must be enabled.

2.in FTB it is already there.

3.you will need to make crafting recipies/quests for them.

Also we need to make sure we are all using the 1.6.4 version of custom NPCS as well to match tech world 2's minecraft version, is that correct?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Super, thank you Qaz!

For those that come across this thread:
I found this to help expand on your answer for #3: It shows how to craft custom items and weapons - Here[DOUBLEPOST=1406580877][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also we need to make sure we are all using the 1.6.4 version of custom NPCS as well to match tech world 2's minecraft version, is that correct?
yep, if you play 1.6.4, you will need custom npcs for 1.6.4

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, ran into yet another issue with getting this up and running on our server.

One of our four guys has Linux. He dropped the 1.6.4 custom npcs into the FTB mods folder and it isn't showing up in his "edit mod" mod list in the launcher. Any ideas why this could be happening?

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
He claims to have done it correctly. I asked him explicitly if he put it in the FTB mods folder and he says he did.

What happens if I am the only one online on our server, I have custom npcs enabled and the server has it installed? Am I able to use it while people are logged off?
Or will that cause issues when someone else logs in?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
He claims to have done it correctly. I asked him explicitly if he put it in the FTB mods folder and he says he did.

What happens if I am the only one online on our server, I have custom npcs enabled and the server has it installed? Am I able to use it while people are logged off?
Or will that cause issues when someone else logs in?
1.did he put it in the modpack's mod folder.

2.i don't quite understand the question, but everything should work fine as long as both the client and the server have the mod.

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
Re: #2 - So let's say my friend can't get the custom npcs mod to show up in his list and I go ahead and install custom npcs to the server. Will I be able to use the mod even while he can't get his to work right? So I have the mod working and he does not. Will he be able to log in at all?

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
OOOOoooook. So I wonder if any of you can assist in this regard. Two friends are having trouble installing custom npcs. One has linux and the other has a mac. They tell me that they are putting the mod in the right folder and yet it doesn't show up in the list of available mods. Not sure what could be going wrong but everyone that has windows 7 has had no problem installing custom npcs. Should they do it through the FTB launcher -->select Tech World 2 mod-->edit mod-->open folder and drop in mod or the "add mod" button? I've done it where just dropping it in the folder works just fine.

I don't know. I can't seem to get to the bottom of what the issue is.

Edit: I've asked in the custom npcs forum thread on minecraft forums but never receive an answer.

Fenster22

Jul 29, 2019
I'll have to ask them, but their response time is terrible. So what would the difference be in installation between the two?