Inspiration. I think I lack it.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
In my current world i've sorta run out of ideas. I see the opportunity for things I could do but I just don't see the point. I have plenty of stuff and I'm happy with everything. But I want more to do. Does anyone else run into this? This happens a lot when I play modded MC. How do you get out of this?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Do something ultimate. Perfect any existing systems.

Once both are complete, I typically make a really nice base, that while hooked up to my supplies and auto crafting, is lacking in any machines or other clutter of its own.

Once you get tired of looting dungeons or (if on server) visiting other people bases, then its time to take some screenshots of your accomplishments, upload to dropbox, and start fresh.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
In my current world i've sorta run out of ideas. I see the opportunity for things I could do but I just don't see the point. I have plenty of stuff and I'm happy with everything. But I want more to do. Does anyone else run into this? This happens a lot when I play modded MC. How do you get out of this?

Yep.... that is when I go play something else for awhile.

If nothing comes up then... well then I just nuke my save and start over. Sometimes starting over gives you the new prespective you need to see stuff you want to do.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I run out of ideas after about 20 minutes in. Mostly because I've done it all once and after that I find no reason to do it again. It just becomes trivial in my mind to replicate things I've done in the past.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I run out of ideas after about 20 minutes in. Mostly because I've done it all once and after that I find no reason to do it again. It just becomes trivial in my mind to replicate things I've done in the past.

Well if that is how you see it. Can't change your ways. Hope you find what your looking for since you can't find it here.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
just do ultimate items of all mods:

the ultimate drill of steve carts.
find every mystcraft page.
get irirdium bees, iron bees, copper, emerald, diamond, or just all of them.
get in jars every thaumcraft aspect, make a crystal core, make a thaumaturge's wand.

you get the idea.

adjl

Jul 29, 2019
I end up hitting the same point every time I play Minecraft. I have vague plans for awesome aesthetic things I'm going to build, but never anything concrete, and once I finish building whatever practically-applicable systems I plan on building, I tend to kind of drift away from the game. After a while, I feel like playing again, and come back to start the cycle anew. I always justify it by saying that I'm more of an engineer than an architect.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Well if that is how you see it. Can't change your ways. Hope you find what your looking for since you can't find it here.
It's not really a point of view it's a by product of my memory. It's not that I think about something and say oh yeah I've done that. I re-experience it. Quite cumbersome when it comes to video games and replay value. It's mainly the reason I picked up mc hoping it could be different but it ends up being basically the same thing just different textures.

Pharro

Jul 29, 2019
Really, if you are happy with everything at your current base. Go explore. The world is yours to build in. No reason to limit yourself to one base.

Usually when I run out of things or ideas to build I turn to the forums/videos to look at what other people have done to drum up ideas.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

get in jars every thaumcraft aspect, make a crystal core, make a thaumaturge's wand.

you get the idea.

But that just takes a long time doing the same thing over and over again, I don't find that very fun, just tedious.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019

you get the idea.

After staring at a Mass Fabricator for hours upon hours waiting to get that last couple UU matter, I think I can say i'm done with the end-game goals.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
After staring at a Mass Fabricator for hours upon hours waiting to get that last couple UU matter, I think I can say i'm done with the end-game goals.

Don't stare at the Mass Fab... go get your stuff the fun way. Caving/Exporering or go build a mining frame ship in the End.

Everything you want from Mass Fab is collectable in many other ways then staring at the Mass Fab. One of the many reason I advoid UU Matter like the plauge is it makes the game boring.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Everything you want from Mass Fab is collectable in many other ways then staring at the Mass Fab. One of the many reason I advoid UU Matter like the plauge is it makes the game boring.

Until you start up a Matterfab ...

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Nuke your base(s), clear your inventory and start fresh with one sapling.

Oh that would be a great chanllage play idea. Edit EXLBimeos to have only treeless bimoes. Start the game and spawn 1 sapling. maybe even turn down the ore gen or make a custom map with a vary limited area to work with.

could be instreting in a sort of Skybox/Survial Island sort of way.[DOUBLEPOST=1362543540][/DOUBLEPOST]
Until you start up a Matterfab ...

I Hate that machine too. I am not a fan of UU Matter at all.

But that is just me. To each there own.

I do after all think Thermopiles and the best power around so that shows you how sick my little Shoop mind is.

Confidential1207

Jul 29, 2019
Oh that would be a great chanllage play idea. Edit EXLBimeos to have only treeless bimoes. Start the game and spawn 1 sapling. maybe even turn down the ore gen or make a custom map with a vary limited area to work with.

could be instreting in a sort of Skybox/Survial Island sort of way.[DOUBLEPOST=1362543540][/DOUBLEPOST]

I Hate that machine too. I am not a fan of UU Matter at all.

But that is just me. To each there own.

I do after all think Thermopiles and the best power around so that shows you how sick my little Shoop mind is.
I always like post-apocalyptic games and maps but never got around to making one. Hmmm.. Make a Fusion Reactor using Brutality mode configs!

Loafers

Jul 29, 2019

could be instreting in a sort of Skybox/Survial Island sort of way.

One of the new mystcraft options is having an End World, say you make it a wasteland biome or something like that....