Inspiration. I think I lack it.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
One of the new mystcraft options is having an End World, say you make it a wasteland biome or something like that....

OMG. Wasteland survival. I like.

Though how is Wood obtainable with nearly impossible-to-obtain-and-keep-hold-of Dirt?

Loafers

Jul 29, 2019
OMG. Wasteland survival. I like.

Though how is Wood obtainable with nearly impossible-to-obtain-and-keep-hold-of Dirt?

Well, if you're going through with the idea of starting with a sapling, you might be able to find some dirt in the waste.

Maybe. >=D

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
If you're expecting some new blood on the server, or your friends come to visit but you don't want them in your valuables, make some guest rooms and facilities.
The Undertower's guest study. I think I did a nice job hiding a bunch of blatant research boosters either as part of the decor or completely concealed by it.
7One7bW.png

The Undertower's guest forge. Guest machine shop under construction. I'm not handing out Essentia here, so you'll have to do without Warded Jars. Furnaces of all unpowered kinds are found in the guest bedrooms, which I have neglected to take screenshots of.
bVdOSfl.png

Guest rooms put you in a whole different mindset, it was a fun couple hours.

Reactions: Poppycocks

ff255away

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that all of the things that FTB's mods add just make a game that already isn't particularly challenging even easier. There is no real progression of difficulty. I'd love the see the addition of mods like a modified dungeon mobs, where a variety of more difficult mobs spawn at lower levels of the world gen or as a result of certain actions. The game just gets easier, not more challenging.

::EDIT:: I don't mean to say that I don't enjoy FTB and what the mods have to offer- I very much enjoy building and designing structures and landscapes. Its just that once you have a lit area, and its walled off, things like quarries and q-suits make the existing challenges non-existent.

allmyr

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going to do a wasteland survival with only one sapling, try to get started with tree-breeding and get the highest tiers of trees :)

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that all of the things that FTB's mods add just make a game that already isn't particularly challenging even easier. There is no real progression of difficulty. I'd love the see the addition of mods like a modified dungeon mobs, where a variety of more difficult mobs spawn at lower levels of the world gen or as a result of certain actions. The game just gets easier, not more challenging.

::EDIT:: I don't mean to say that I don't enjoy FTB and what the mods have to offer- I very much enjoy building and designing structures and landscapes. Its just that once you have a lit area, and its walled off, things like quarries and q-suits make the existing challenges non-existent.

play terrafirma then.

but it is true, thats why I don't have IC2, too easy to make a quarry at full speed and process the whole thing with a macerator, a furnace, and a recycler. Or mffs, I rather use warded stuff, more fun. At least the new forestry farms (even if they are ugly) is not "craft it and never look at it again" type of thing.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
A bunch of stuff about challenge.
I'm with you on the Quantum suits. Well, any God Mode suit for that matter. The quarries, though...you don't get the same return on valuable materials as you would if you just went down and mined yourself. Turtles are less of a crapshoot if you know what you're doing, but they still can't just look across a ravine and spot that ore I need. Hell, if Xycraft's Quartz Crystals didn't turn Steve's Carts around, I'd say they were a lot better than Quarries. And they're really not all that great. The whole Copper shortage on the DW20 LP's would easily be remedied by someone actually mining near the surface instead of setting up bedrock-diggers and waiting for Copper to come to them.
It is nice to have a lot of material laying around to make Stone Bricks with, though.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Use MPS, you can adjust how much it protects, speed, everything, and if its not enough, you got the config.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need it always, only when thaumaturging... because protection it doesn't give much.

anyway, I was referring to an alternative to the quantum one.

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumaturging all day every day. Also quite protective with enchantment. Works well enough for combat against any NPC there is. As far as PVP combat goes, it's lacking but revenge is trivial to pull off.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
well, is true I have a thaumcraft-only server, got 3 thaumaturge's wands, a thaumcraft tower, farms of golems, my armor when goin out was thamium pants and chestplate, boots of the traveler and goggles, everything with max enchants.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that all of the things that FTB's mods add just make a game that already isn't particularly challenging even easier.

There are plenty of mods that do that, but that's simply what the mods in the FTB pack are not about. They increase the amount of 'game' there is by giving you more stuff to do. I mean, I've played much MUCH more Tekkit/FTB than I have Vanilla and I did play vanilla survival a LOT. Just getting all the bees that produce useful stuff takes days and that's just a part of a single mod. I don't think there's a game I've spend more time in (aside from WoW but spending time there is not because it's fun but because you have to) while also being so cheap (got it back when it was only like 5 euro's).