Whitelist Server Insomniacraft | Direwolf20 1.0.14 | Whitelist | 20 Slot Server | 18+

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

sarathor

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

Me and two friends have decided to start a server and are looking for a few people to fill out the roster. We're a small, friendly server that likes to play modded Minecraft, have fun, and build lots of cool things. We enjoy communtiy projects as well as going off and exploring the world we've built. We would like people to join us in our adventures, and are looking forward to future members!

However, as fun as playing with a group of people, there's a few rules we need to lay down. These rules help keep the server healthy, active, and with little to no lag.

1. Be respectful of your fellow players. This is a general rule that most people know already. People come from all walks of life, and we should respect their opinions and personal beliefs.

2. No grieving, stealing, or cheating. This is another general rule that most people know already. Causing other people grief is not tolerated. If someone is found grieving others, you will be banned from the server. The same goes for stealing and cheating. There should be no reason in a game where someone should feel they have to take something without asking the owner. If you're having trouble finding rubber tree saplings, for example, don't chop down someone else's tree. Instead, ask, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to supply you with some things to help you out.

3. Do not build close to spawn. Try and build at least 200 blocks away. We would like a spawn town to be a server wide project, once people are set up with their bases. If someone is building too close to spawn, there might be an issue once the spawn town is started. In addition, there is a village nearby with a smeltery inside. We would like people to leave it alone so if people want to use it before setting up their own, they can.

4. No Quarries in the overworld. We will provide a Mining world for quarries. In addition, only one quarry per person is allowed to be set up at any one time. This is to reduce the lag on the server, and the amount of loaded chunks.

5. Lava pumping should only be done with Ender-thermic pumps. Reducing lag is a priority for this server. We do not want the server becoming unplayable due to low fps areas, or server straining objects. Also, if you need water, please use Aqueous Accumlator, as it's easy and cheap to set up, requires no power, and is an infinite and easy source of water.

6. No Mystcraft worlds. Mystcraft is a fun mod to play around with on a single player game, but in Multiplayer, it becomes an issue when 10 people spam worlds looking for pages. For each world that's created, it's respective spawn has a forced loaded chunk, which will bog the server down (code word: Razzmatazz). It then becomes my job to shift through all the worlds to find ones that people want, and ones they don't. Then I accidentally delete a world someone wanted and it becomes an issue. If it weren't for the mining and lava worlds, I would disable it completely.

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. Once in a while, we'll be resetting dimensions such as the Mining world, Lava World, Twilight Forest, Deep Dark, and the Promised land. It's not advised to build your home in these locations. Most of these world have resources that are either spread out and do not replenish (Dungeons in Twilight Forest), or their resources become mostly tapped out (Mining World). We don't want players having to travel a great distance to get someone they need in these dimensions.

2. We will keep a close eye on chunk loading. If we find someone is using a quarry in the overworld, or breaking a rule, there would be punishments based on severity.

Now that the important stuff is out of the way, and you still feel this server is for you, then please fill out an application and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

IGN:

What is your age?

How long have you played Minecraft?

How active will you be on the server?

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server?

What is the code word?

What are the two points brought up in rule 3?

Last edited:

Phantom_Lunacy

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Phantom_Lunacy

What is your age? 19

How long have you played Minecraft? 2 years

How active will you be on the server? 1-5h/d

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I enjoy adventuring with others and working on projects with small and big groups

What is the code word? Razzmatazz

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Do not build close to spawn and to leave the smeltery in the village near spawn alone but we can use it before adventuring.

stex

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: evanshade

What is your age? 25

How long have you played Minecraft? since alpha

How active will you be on the server? couple hours a day

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? Love making making community builds.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? build 200 blocks from spawn and dont dismantle the smeltery.

DrParadise

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick question and a suggestion! What are you doing to provide server stability and longevity? It's a nuisance having a world needing to be reset ever so often, or the server shutting down after a month or two. And I would suggest making people use Ender Thermic Pumps only, as it causes lava to be turned into stone as it pumps it out, causing no lava flowing lag!

sarathor

Jul 29, 2019
I have a quick question and a suggestion! What are you doing to provide server stability and longevity? It's a nuisance having a world needing to be reset ever so often, or the server shutting down after a month or two. And I would suggest making people use Ender Thermic Pumps only, as it causes lava to be turned into stone as it pumps it out, causing no lava flowing lag!

We're doing a number of things to help keep the server stable such as:

1. Providing a world where players can quarry ores (until we update to the ender quarries). This world will be deleted and remade every so often as to not have it get too big and hard to traverse. Recreating this mystcraft world every so often allows players to continue quarrying if they choose, without having it being an issue for new players having the travel further from the point of spawn.

2. With your suggestion, which is a very good one, we probably will nix the lava world, and allow players to pump lava with only an endo-thermic pump, and acquire their water with Aqueous Accumulators.

3. Any items we find causing too much lag, or mods, will either be restricted or disabled. As of now, we expect players to use logic and common sense when interacting with mods. However, if somethign becomes an issue, it will be fixed.

4. The server is set up to create a backup every 24 hours. If something world breaking happens, for whatever reason, we'll be able to restore the server, and only loose a bit of progress.

As far as longevity. We plan on creating community projects for the server to get involved in. The server is new, so the first natural step is to create your individual bases. Once everyone, or near enough, are set up, we'll start to community projects. One idea already in the brainstorming phase, is a spawn town. Once the basics for the spawn town is created, we plan on continuing build it up into an area for players to hang out and do fun things. Once idea we have is creating a mob arena where players can spawn in mobs to battle, or fight other players. The plans we have for the server, and the community bringing forth ideas, will allow it to continue growing and achieve longevity.

I hope I've answered your questions, and if there's anything else, let me know.

xBad_Ass

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:XBad_Ass
What is your age?21
How long have you played Minecraft?i just came from Xbox so I would like to learn the mods
How active will you be on the server? 5dayd a week
Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? im a mature personabd follow the rules or harras anyone
What is the code word?razzmatazz
What are the two points brought up in rule 3? build 200 blocks from spawn and dont dismantle the smeltery.

Eddie_edwardson

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Eddie_Edwardson

What is your age? 17

How long have you played Minecraft? around 2-3 years ago

How active will you be on the server? i will play around 10-15 hours a week

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? i've been looking for a server that have no griefing and is private for a while now but i can't find any. This one will be lots of fun and i'm looking forward to it

build 200 blocks from spawn and dont dismantle the smeltery.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Mailisk
What is your age? 17
How long have you played Minecraft? Minecraft about 2 years probably. Modded Minecraft about 1-1.5 years
How active will you be on the server? Depends on how much I like the server, as I'm currently looking for servers. If I like it though, it'll probably be around 8-10 hours a week.
Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I've been looking for a small, private server that is still young. I am capable of respecting the rules and being mature.
What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Can't build close to the spawn and you can't break the smeltery located in the village near spawn.

Questions:
To what level do you aim for player interaction?

bucky_beaver

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: bucky_beaver

What is your age? 18

How long have you played Minecraft? About two years now

How active will you be on the server? Almost everyday, depending on my homework and other things that can happen

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I really like to be apart of a community and enjoy building and assisting with community projects

What is the code word? It is Razzmatazz

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Please don't build close to spawn and don't take down the smeltery

Last edited:

hale543

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: hale543

What is your age? 21

How long have you played Minecraft? Around two years

How active will you be on the server? 2-6 hours depending on the day sometimes more.

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I like to be around people and help out with community projects.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Build at least 200 blocks away from spawn and don't destroy the smeltery in the nearby village.
Thanks,
Hale543

Kry

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Kry_Havoc

What is your age? 21 years old

How long have you played Minecraft? 3 years +

How active will you be on the server? 5-7 hours per week depending on the day

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I have been looking for a small server where the administrators are above 18 and possess common sense- thus far I have mostly come across servers run by juveniles that are either too restrictive or too lax. I am hoping to play on this sever to find the balance I have been looking for.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? any builds should be conducted no less than 200 blocks away from the spawn point, and the smeltery in the village is not to be salvaged for personal use.

sarathor

Jul 29, 2019
PMs sent and added to whitelist.

Thanks for the applications. Questions should be directed at my PM box.

Dustin18232

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: outspokensaint

What is your age? 23

How active will you be on the server? all the time

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? because I build awesome stuff and love helping people

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? build 200 blocks from spawn and dont dismantle the smeltery

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
There is an ender quarry now as well. Amazing for avoiding lag, doesn't drop items, only loads one chunk at a time.

Urdra

Jul 29, 2019
What is your age? 19

How long have you played Minecraft? few years

How active will you be on the server? depends on my mood

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? hmm...I'm hoping I will be! I'm here to learn.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Don't build close to spawn and keep the smelter up an running (don't grief it)

Shipoopi93

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:
frito93
What is your age?
How long have you played Minecraft?
owned minecraft since alpha and have played modded since technic/tekkit packs were released
How active will you be on the server?
most of my free time will be spent here unless i'm raiding in WoW or playing league with some friends
Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server?
I know most of the mods already and will gladly lend a hand to anyone needing help with a project or of the sort
What is the code word?
Razzmatazz
no build zone in a 200 block radius of spawn, and leave the smeltery in the village

BigRich

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: BigRichieRich

What is your age? 20

How long have you played Minecraft? 4 years.

How active will you be on the server? 5 hours a day.

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? Great builder and have extensive knowledge of FTB mod pack.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Don't build near spawn, and don't dismantle the smeltery.

Eric Hewines

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: jukebocks77

What is your age? 19

How long have you played Minecraft? 3 years.

How active will you be on the server? A few hours a day depending on work load.

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I have played FTB for about a year so I know the way things work and I am a mature and responsible person that respects others.

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Don't build within 200 blocks of spawn, and don't dismantle the smeltery.

Last edited:

DevilMike69

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Andyrulezz

What is your age? 18

How active will you be on the server? depending on school workm normal alot

Why do you feel you'll be a good fit with the server? I love to help people around

What are the two points brought up in rule 3? Dont build near spawn and dont dismantle the smeltery