[Info] Bees and ExtraBiomesXL

portablejim

Jul 29, 2019
I created a mapping of ExtrabiomesXL biomes and what the habitat info is for each biome. The information is gotten by visiting mystcraft ages (if that makes a difference)

biomes-png.302

Habitat: The habitat that shows in the Apiary matching the Habitat in the Habitat locator.

Information was gotten using the FTB Beta pack (28 Nov 2012).

When the wiki is up this probably would be better suited there. I have added a pdf for easier copying of info.

I have uploaded a world download available here that has a mystcraft age with each biome with the symbols
  • Single biome
  • <Selected biome>
  • Flat
  • Eternal Day
  • Star Fissure

Attachments

• biomes.png
    312.9 KB · Views: 1,153
  • biomes.pdf
    28 KB · Views: 237

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Now someone needs to cross-correlate to find what bees work best in each biome, and by extension what the optimum set of biomes are for beekeeping...

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
optimal is to find an intersection where 4 biomes with the following properties meet:
1 icy/normal/dry snow type
2 hot/dry desert type
3 Hot/wet Jungle type
4 Normal/normal(50%) Plains/forrest/hills.

Most bees will thrive in number 4. the others are there for the outliers like the icy, modest and jungle types. I dunno if a jungle is suitable for marshy bees tho...

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Take a look at the list. Where is the Hellish biome? Some bees in the FTB version are broken and can not be bred unless they have temperature tolerances.
hell is there. and so is Sky
bugged bees are bugged. If they are broken then there is nothing to do about that but maybe try again and hope for a different outcome, but that has nothing to do with optimal breeding locations for bees afaik. bugs will be fixed eventually, and if something appears broken then work around it til a new version fixes the issue.

Hell bees need to be in the nether, and they are locked to that biome afaik. so no other biome will work regardless of temperature and humidity. Or at least they were in the mc1.2.5 version i last bred those nasty critters in... stupid explosive bees. o_O

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Hell biomes are hellish temp, not hot. The apiary lies to you.

Hell bees need to be in the nether, and they are locked to that biome afaik. so no other biome will work regardless of temperature and humidity. Or at least they were in the mc1.2.5 version i last bred those nasty critters in... stupid explosive bees. o_O
Demonic branch bees will work outside of the nether, however their mutations can only occur in a hell biome. This is a biome requirement, not a temp and humidity one, and there are others. Austere bees, of the austere branch, cause explosions, not demonic branch bees.

Squigie

Jul 29, 2019
Best overall biome? Anything normal/normal: plains, forest, extreme hills, etc. Prime locations would also include a nearby desert/savanna, jungle and something cold.

Jinotad

Jul 29, 2019
Ideally you want to have a "dessert" "snow" "wet" and "water" biome in close proximity to each-other. For example: Red Mountains, Snow Plains, Jungle, and a river cutting between 2 of the biomes. My current hive uses a Desert, Taiga, and a Jungle with a giant lake inside of it.

Things to note, Glaciers don't work very well for the basic bees, as they are Icy/Arid and the winter bees need a NORMAL humidity.
Water biomes would be a lake or river as those have a normal/normal climate.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
interesting compilation of data. it will be extremely useful when I start beebreeding.

only a little detail: the redrock biome is missing (as far as I can see), I guess it is hot and arid, like a desert...

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
How can a biome have a humidity above 100%, that does not make any sense! (I know you can reach humidity above 100% in certain circumstances in CLOSED chambers. But in hte outside this is very unlikely.) Oh well i guess we can call it Minecraft Physics ^^

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
How can a biome have a humidity above 100%, that does not make any sense! (I know you can reach humidity above 100% in certain circumstances in CLOSED chambers. But in hte outside this is very unlikely.) Oh well i guess we can call it Minecraft Physics ^^

jupp. minecraft physics.
now humidity is not an absolute value, it's a saturation value, so 100% humidity does not necessitate a wet biome. just one where temps are dropping enough that water starts to condense out from the air.