Infinity re-install mods every times

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

GoldenGrams

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Infinity re-install mods every times
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Hello everyone, to start I'm sorry for my very bad English.

So, I have a problem every times I launched Infinity with the Launcher : All the files and mods of infinity are downloaded and installed again.

screenshot : https://gyazo.com/4b5cfe64621cc248de0a9af5bf7c80c5

So it takes like 30 or 40 minutes to launch Inifty every times.
And overall it slows down my computer who's not verry powerfull (4Go RAM)

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Thanks alot.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
the screen shot shows the mods being loaded, not downloaded.
Modded minecraft(especially the big packs) take a long time to load, nothing you can do about except to use less mods and getting a faster ssd/hdd (CPU might also have an effect,not sure though about how much, depends on where the bottle neck is)

GoldenGrams

Jul 29, 2019
Ok thanks you.
But I have allocated 3.5 Go of my computer to the use of minecraft, and the task manager shows me that it use almost 3 Go actually what already seems me much, though my computer continue to slow down and freeze each time the modpack is launched.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
In the launcher's options tab, check the boxes "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher when Minecraft exits". Then launch your pack again and when the crash/error/other problem occurs, click the "upload log" button in console window and give us the link.

maxtrax

Jul 29, 2019
no that doesn't not use your internet in any way, its loading from the Hard drive, its basically injecting all the mods into minecraft, this is normal.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
If it uses 30-40 minutes that's not normal. My first thought was there is not enough RAM allocated for MC or machine starts swapping but without log there won't be real answers.