[Infinity] How and what can I use to improve my home ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WavingStory

Jul 29, 2019
Ok first, here's some screenshot: http://imgur.com/a/jBxzN

I've used Dark Oak planks for the roof, cobblestone and oak wood planks for the walls. I didn't put any glass since I don't know where to put them.

Do you have any ideas how I could improve if so with which blocks and where could I put my glass ?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just try something out. That is the whole point of the game. Be creative and build something.
Try not and be stuck in vanilla Minecraft building styles(Stairs, cobble, planks etc.). You have so much more at your disposal. Try the mod Chisel and/or Carpenter's Blocks. Oh and of course Microblocks! Try and build more organic structures on non-flat ground. Let it follow the terrain.

And if you need inspiration try and go here and have a look:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/forum/community-showcase.114/
Specially the "Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!" thread have tons of inspiration for an wide variety of builds.

Last edited:

Fuzzbling

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Use Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks (tons of great options for even simple blocks like cobble). Add depth by moving the raw wood on the outside by one block, use stairs or half blocks to form a pillar like view on the tops and bottom of those. There's tons more of course, perhaps do a search for building ideas. There are thousands of great builds to get ideas from.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but if you cant figure out where to place windows in that little box...not everyone has an eye for design, its okay. But dont underestimate the power of the box. Make a bigger box and dress up the inside and outside with blocks that are not the walls. Like wooden beams in the interior corners of the room with some upside down stairs around the edges. For example, heres a room from my current base:

PL5YgqS.png

If I removed all the wooden beams, its just a square room.

39N2B2K.png

Also just a big square, divided up into smaller squares. Simple, really.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Im sorry but if you cant figure out where to place windows in that little box...not everyone has an eye for design, its okay. But dont underestimate the power of the box. Make a bigger box and dress up the inside and outside with blocks that are not the walls. Like wooden beams in the interior corners of the room with some upside down stairs around the edges. For example, heres a room from my current base:

PL5YgqS.png

39N2B2K.png

This base is awsome. Im going to implement some of those into my new base.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Do you use a texture pack? What machines are those?
Edit:
What texture pack? Judging by models, TE machines

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah TE. Theres a 16x texture pack out there for it and a few other mods called Unity. The vanilla textures are handled by the pixel perfection pack, my favorite 16x textures on the market right now.

Reactions: Gamefury64

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

PL5YgqS.png

39N2B2K.png

you could use multiparts to create very small windows, though multiparts are kind of a pain to use with blocks that have alot of texture