Infinity Evolved or Beyond

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Infinity Evolved or Beyond

• Total voters

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I was wondering which does everyone prefer? I have mixed feelings on it. I like the concepts that are in Beyond such as Deep Resonace and the stupid fusion crafting but honestly its not really necessary.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I was wondering which does everyone prefer? I have mixed feelings on it. I like the concepts that are in Beyond such as Deep Resonace and the stupid fusion crafting but honestly its not really necessary.
*raises eyebrow* "stupid" fusion crafting? These concepts you talk about are mod differences - they're what happens when mods evolve dude.

Infinity Evolved was 1.7, Beyond is 1.10. They're like Parmesan and Dolcelatte - yes, they're both technically cheeses, but wholly different experiences borne out of different beginnings.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I don't know what fusion crafting is, but I do know that the reason I pick Beyond over Infinity is because of 1.10, and that's not a factor you can separate. I liked a lot of stuff from infinity, and some of the best parts of it haven't been updated yet, like thaumcraft, BC and TD. But, 1.7 is just so inferior to 1.10, I'd rather just wait. Sadly, Thaumcraft is basically dead, though, so totally that you have no choice.

Overall, though, it's time to look forward.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I don't know what fusion crafting is, but I do know that the reason I pick Beyond over Infinity is because of 1.10, and that's not a factor you can separate. I liked a lot of stuff from infinity, and some of the best parts of it haven't been updated yet, like thaumcraft, BC and TD. But, 1.7 is just so inferior to 1.10, I'd rather just wait. Sadly, Thaumcraft is basically dead, though, so totally that you have no choice.

Overall, though, it's time to look forward.
Ooh you're going to get to know Fusion Crafting rather well - its the crafting mechanic for the high tier Draconic Evolution stuff! :) Its actually absolutely fine - think the Actually Additions Empowerer but with more complexity - you have a number of pedestals which take items and power, and a central block in which the crafting occurs, that just needs a redstone pulse to start once the items are in place. First it charges, taking power (so the time for that is dependent on RF/t rate), and then it crafts - I believe that always takes the same time. Dead simple actually, and the Fusion Crafting Injectors (to give them their proper name) start off as basic and can get upgraded through Wyvern, Draconic and finally Chaotic tiers.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I actually haven't even gotten to the empowering part of AA, lol! I built up what I needed without it and have been so busy doing everything else, i basically leapfrogged everything I needed it for. I'm sure I'll get back to it, though. I looked into it, it didn't look hard, I just need to find some space. It's time to build my fortress! God I love this game.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I actually haven't even gotten to the empowering part of AA, lol! I built up what I needed without it and have been so busy doing everything else, i basically leapfrogged everything I needed it for. I'm sure I'll get back to it, though. I looked into it, it didn't look hard, I just need to find some space. It's time to build my fortress! God I love this game.
Right??? I've just started playing Beyond - I've barely done anything, and I'm already loving it!

You get the idea though, its like Thaumcraft infusion in a way as well. Its cool beans, and automatable without too much difficulty!

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Oh I know how to do it, its just more complicated than it should be with the different tiers. I dislike the fact that now you need nether stars to get awakened draconium.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Oh I know how to do it, its just more complicated than it should be with the different tiers. I dislike the fact that now you need nether stars to get awakened draconium.
You know what? I reckon this is another of those "different strokes for different folks" issues :) Me and @Drbretto have had a few of those where we don't see eye to eye on some things, but we're all passionate about modded minecraft - our commonalities far outweigh our differences!

For me, my perspective on it is a bit skewed as the first time I really saw Draconic Evolution in 1.7, it was (I think) on someones playthrough of Infinity Evolved Expert Skyblock (or whatever the name was :p), in which the recipe for the draconium block was changed to require a Wyvern core, which needed a nether star anyway! So it doesn't seem particularly harsh. Plus, its pretty high level stuff, awakened draconium - I don't think its unreasonable to expect the killing of withers for it.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Maybe your right but I just hate 1.10.2 so much, Beyond is so laggy for me, Skyfactory my world got corrupted, All the Mods my gravestone bugged out and I lost all my stuff. I'm salty with 1.10.2 at the moment.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, I get that. That's not 1.10.2's fault, though. it's because the new era is new, and there are bugs that come from that. It's like one big beta. That's not for everyone.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Maybe your right but I just hate 1.10.2 so much, Beyond is so laggy for me, Skyfactory my world got corrupted, All the Mods my gravestone bugged out and I lost all my stuff. I'm salty with 1.10.2 at the moment.
Bearing in mind what you've just said, one has to wonder why you asked the question, and phrased it so, in the first place? You've clearly got your own mind made up; were you looking for people to persuade you otherwise, or people to agree with you in your dislike of 1.10, or what?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I was asking what people prefer because I'm making my own modpack. (Be on the lookout for that)
Ah! Well, now that's a whole different kettle of ballgames!

What I would suggest in that case, is get more granular - seek out the features that people have enjoyed, what's good and what's bad, are there any absolute no-no's in terms of mod changes in 1.10 for anyone. Are you looking to make a kitchen sink pack, a well-rounded bit-of-everything but not ALL of everything, or a much more structured and thematic pack?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
It's gonna be a superior and less laggy version of Beyond. WITH lots of additions. Advanced Rocketry is in the pack, along with the Mekanism mods. And Avaritia is in the pack. Or you could call it Infinity Evolved updated to 1.10.2.
More details coming soon.

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Actually compared to other 1.10.2 packs I've played. Beyond runs pretty smoothly. I actually have a pack I maintain with just under 100 mods in it and it is no where near as smooth as Beyond. Most of that is due to my terrain gen (BOP, RTG, Streams + Climate Control).

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I'm my opinion the reason newer 1.10.2 modpacks are laggy is because the older mods like TiCo and Ic2 don't work well with the newer mods like Quark and Psi.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
TiC laggy? That is a new one to me. Why do you think TiC is causing lag? As for IC2, I can buy into that one because it is still a WIP mod.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Tic is not causing the lag neither is ic2. It's all the mods working together causing the lag. I think the older mods were made for a specific modpack, Tekkit, so they're made to work together. The new mods don't like each other because they're made by private developers and not any specific pack.