Infinity Evolved Crashing on pre-allocating

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
L

Lasting

Title:
Infinity Evolved Crashing on pre-allocating
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblocks
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:

I haven't been able to successfully load into the game yet as it goes not responding while loading step 2 of the launcher. Im running windows 10, with a 4770k, gtx 970, 16 gbs of ram. I've tried having the memory slider in the launcher settings at max, recommended and everything inbetween.

Is there anything that you guys can do to help me?

The error I get is,

"[14:17:57] [Client thread/INFO] [EnderCore]: Attempting to initialize texture error message interceptor."... right before minecraft goes not responding and loading seizes.

Attachments

• CrashLog.txt
    60.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Can we get the full log, and not just the last line? Often times, there may be information earlier on in the log that could be useful.

M

MagicMage1238

I noticed that using too much memory will make it crash as well - you should use no more than 2 gigs....

Also noticed that Windows 10 will have both the 32 bit version and 64 bit version of Java and the launcher will only see the 33 bit... Remove Java and install only the 64 bit (offline) Java

This may fix your issue. (I didn't look at Log report, just relaying same issues I encountered when I first tried to load up modded Minecraft)

Also Note that it will still say not responding (for about a min or less) before it continues to load but that is at the very beginning.

M

MagicMage1238

Just looked at the log.... At the end you ran out of memory, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like. Are you changing the memory options on the launcher or in another way?

L

Lasting

Just looked at the log.... At the end you ran out of memory, I could be wrong but that's what it looks like. Are you changing the memory options on the launcher or in another way?
I did fiddle with the xmx, xms memory values. What is base? so that i can change it back.

L

Lasting

After I made the memory changes to 2gb and my JVM arguements in the launcher are "-Xmx2048m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m -Dminecraft.applet.TargetDirectory="C:\Users\*****\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Instances\FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock" -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true"

Attached is also the new log. Seems to be memory still what now?

Attachments

• CrashLog.txt
    63.6 KB · Views: 65
M

MagicMage1238

If your reinstalling Java it should revert back to default

L

Lasting

Very last time i launched this was the message before it crashed.

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Exception in thread "Client thread" [15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager$ExitTrappedException
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.FMLSecurityManager.checkPermission(FMLSecurityManager.java:25)
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkExit(SecurityManager.java:761)
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Runtime.java:107)
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at java.lang.System.exit(System.java:968)
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:138)
[15:33:19] [Client thread/INFO] [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:748]: at net.minecraft.la

M

MagicMage1238

Just checked my own log to compare.... I'm actually running 2.5 gigs - but was once told didn't need anymore than 2 gigs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
M

MagicMage1238

I'm not sure why you have a Perm Size - not seeing that one on mine.... I might not be able to help after all.

L

Lasting

what launcher are you using? I notice that yours is different.

Mattfreyer45

Jul 29, 2019
Well in both of the logs it says you have about 512 mb allocated to it . That last crash is Java trying to do Garbage Collection so often that it can't handle it .

M

MagicMage1238

I haven't used not seen the Curse launcher so not sure how that one works compared to the FTB Launcher and I'm not sure why it is set for 512mb because he changed the max to 2 gigs

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
Where are you changing the memory allocation? This is in your last log:
Code:
-Xmx2048m -Xms256m -XX:permSize=256m -Xmx512M
removing -Xmx512M should help, you can also remove PermSize it's not needed with Java 8. 2 gigs of ram should be enough but going over 4 gig is not recommended.