Infinity Evolved Crash

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Essentiality

Jul 29, 2019
Title Infinity Evolved Crash

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack Infinity Evolved

Modpack version v3.0.1

Have you modified the pack?

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/f606b20f

Details of the issue I have put well over 40 hours into this world without a single crash. The majority of that time, I've used Optifine D4 for the respective vanilla version of 1.7.10.

Tonight, I crashed after putting in some fluid pipes, but doubt that is the specific reason. I've gone all this time with no issues, now each time I log in I crash within 10 seconds.

I tried running it without Optifine and I had no issues. However, without Optifine my frames are trash, so I'm hoping the error is easily fixable & identifiable!

Last edited by a moderator:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Simple: it is caused by optifine.

Essentiality

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, which is something I identified in the OP.

There are 3 others on the server with the exact same setup as me who aren't crashing. I'm trying to understand what is different with my configuration based on what gets reported in the last portion of the crash log.

This is the section that stands out to me:

Chisel: Errors like "[FML]: Unable to lookup ..." are NOT the cause of this crash. You can safely ignore these errors. And update forge while you're at it.
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation:
* Optifine is installed. This is NOT supported.
* An unknown AE2 API is installed (rv3 from appliedenergistics2-rv3-beta-6.jar).
Ender IO was build against API version rv2 and may or may not work with a newer version.
This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.
Stencil buffer state: Function set: GL30, pool: forge, bits: 8
Forestry : Warning: You have mods that change the behavior of Minecraft, ForgeModLoader, and/or Minecraft Forge to your client:
Optifine
These may have caused this error, and may not be supported. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT these mods, and report it then.
AE2 Integration: IC2:ON, RotaryCraft:OFF, RC:ON, BuildCraftCore:ON, BuildCraftTransport:ON, BuildCraftBuilder:ON, RF:ON, RFItem:ON, MFR:ON, DSU:ON, FZ:OFF, FMP:ON, RB:OFF, CLApi:OFF, Waila:ON, InvTweaks:ON, NEI:ON, CraftGuide:OFF, Mekanism:OFF, ImmibisMicroblocks:OFF, BetterStorage:OFF, OpenComputers:OFF, PneumaticCraft:OFF
Launched Version: 1.7.10
LWJGL: 2.9.1
OpenGL: GeForce GTX 670/PCIe/SSE2 GL version 4.5.0 NVIDIA 385.41, NVIDIA Corporation
GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Essentiality

Jul 29, 2019
After reading around the internet, I was able to figure out that changing the Chunk Loading to Default is what fixed it for me.

Hopefully others who have this issue find this post.