Closed Infinite leather, iron, gold and diamond.

Sn3akr

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Infinite leather, iron, gold and diamond.

Pack Version 2.5.4

What is the bug? using sagmill, with flint catalyst to grind armors, you can setup an autocraft/recycle system to keep crafting armors and grinding them dowm.. In a quick test i spent 2 stacks of diamonds to craft 16 chestplates, threw them in the sagmill with a piece of flint and got 2½ stack of diamonds in return with 5 seconds of effort.

Mod & Version

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? yes

Known Fix Remove recipe to grind down armor using the sagmill

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Unfortunately it is a feature from the sag mill to get potentially more back. I myself don't see the point in doing this if you are at a point that you have either magical crops, a quarry or rf tools worlds for getting resources.

Sn3akr

Jul 29, 2019
It can be used very early in the game and makes the sag mill be at too powerful.. I would be able to have infinite iron, gold and diamonds almost from start, which kind of makes the pack too easy.
In my oppinion it's an exploit that can be easily fixed since the recipe isn't there for armor types like copper, shiny, silver etc.

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
You're playing a pack with ex nihlo... You already have infinite resources. I agree with unizero. It's a mute point.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
It can be used very early in the game and makes the sag mill be at too powerful.. I would be able to have infinite iron, gold and diamonds almost from start, which kind of makes the pack too easy.
In my oppinion it's an exploit that can be easily fixed since the recipe isn't there for armor types like copper, shiny, silver etc.

The pack is not meant to be hard anyway. The pack creator, Bacon Donut, has stated this before. You can also obtain armor from mob drops and loot bags as well.

Darkosto

Jul 29, 2019
This is amusing because I was asked by many to be able to Pulverize/sag mill/etc. armor back into resources. So I did.

Now, it's too OP.

Can't please everyone all the time I suppose.

Sigh... Now it costs twice as much RF to perform each action and gives less back! Thanks for playing! :D

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Darkosto, you hit the nail on the head. Can't please everyone. Personally I think it depends on the pack and what you want to do with it. For something like Skyfactory which is meant to an OP pack due to the infinite resources it is fine. Now for something like Infinity Evolved Expert Mode this would be a bad idea.