Infinite Dyes / Lapiz

Uristqwerty

Jul 29, 2019
To go along with IC² crops, GregTech has a machine that can harvest them automatically (equivalent to right-clicking them once they are fully grown and collecting the items), and adds a crop for an oredict-compatible blue dye.

Magnox

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm pleased Lemming is aware of it. Just wanted to Get a full automated 16 chests dye system going. Also looks like I will have to change my bonemeal production, but tbh white wool doesn't require anything added to make so even at say 12.5% it would still generate bonemeal without the need of bones and a Skele Farmer.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 Crops produce red, yellow, brown (cocoa beans, slowest growing), black (ink sacs), purple, and cyan dyes. Though only red, yellow, and brown can be produced without working with the RNG, due to the random nature of crossbreeding.

They do work with a MFR Harvester.

Crops can't be trampled anymore, though the code seems to still be there since I had it bug out before and my crops started uprooting, which only happened once. The soil is still reverted to normal as usual when jumped upon, which uproots the crop.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
It's the leaves decaying too slowly that's a problem. I suppose I could create a fully contained area with vacuum hoppers to collect the saplings before they despawn.

I'll take a look at Magic Crops, IC2 crops and DyeTrees, but I've had problems adding mods to RR before.
:(
To speed up the leaf decay you could use a group of autonomous activators as all the trees are 5x5? so you could cover the varying heights (or force only growth of set height trees by capping the spot at that height), with 4-12 activators that have sickles\scythes in them.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
I assume he'll lower it to a 12.5% chance and make it a gain-less* system and in the case of white wool, remove the bonemeal chance altogether?

are you sure talking about KL and not... other developer?

the sensible thing to do in this scenario is to change secondary output to dyes instead of lapis etc. and i hope this will happen, because i like sensible things :)

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be easier just to make a shearing machine for blue sheep? You'd get 100% profit instead of using dyes to recraft the wool.

Lemming is also aware of this and will be patched soon.
And I hope that by "will be patched soon" he means that you'll only get two or three strings back, thus invalidating this whole infinite bone meal "exploit" (because wasting power to get something so amazingly useful is clearly extremely OP).
Getting dyes by pulverizing wool is one of my favorite new features from TE3, simply because there's finally an use for all the colored wool in the world. I've been wanting something like this ever since the early days of FTB with Xycraft and its liquid dyes, getting those by squeezing colored wool or whatever.

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
It's the leaves decaying too slowly that's a problem. I suppose I could create a fully contained area with vacuum hoppers to collect the saplings before they despawn.

I'll take a look at Magic Crops, IC2 crops and DyeTrees, but I've had problems adding mods to RR before.
:(
RR EXP already has Magical Crops :)

But I can't get blue dyes from dye essences, not sure if it's config issue

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
That is both unreliable as you're completely at the mercy of the RNG and it's a heavy drain on bonemeal.
Being at the mercy of randomness is not a bad thing. If I won blackjack 7/8 times you'd expect me to be at that table every day. As for the bonemeal: yeah not such a good use of it.