Infernal furnace question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

drigis

Jul 29, 2019
Just a quick and simple question. In any past or current mod pack versions could/can the infernal furnace from thuamcraft be used to create steel?

drigis

Jul 29, 2019
i dont remeber it can. unless there is additional furnace recipe item=>steel
I assume by you saying that, the infernal furnace aside from some special thuamcraft stuff smelted items just as a normal furnace would?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I assume by you saying that, the infernal furnace aside from some special thuamcraft stuff smelted items just as a normal furnace would?
That is exactly what the infernal furnace is.
It is a regular furnace, that looks a little fancier, and has a chance of giving you chicken nuggets

Reactions: Loufmier

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on the other mods in the pack. Some recipes have iron baking again into refined iron (IC2, I believe) which most of the time is oreDict as steel.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Depends on the other mods in the pack. Some recipes have iron baking again into refined iron (IC2, I believe) which most of the time is oreDict as steel.
I believe this is your answer right here. If a furnace can make steel in a given pack, the infernal furnace can.

Just a quick and simple question. In any past or current mod pack versions could/can the infernal furnace from thuamcraft be used to create steel?
I wonder if you're thinking of the alchemy tab in thaumcraft which does (or can) provide a recipe for steel, where 1 ordo + 1 iron nugget = 1 steel nugget. Handy in packs where steel is harder to get :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this is your answer right here. If a furnace can make steel in a given pack, the infernal furnace can.

I wonder if you're thinking of the alchemy tab in thaumcraft which does (or can) provide a recipe for steel, where 1 ordo + 1 iron nugget = 1 steel nugget. Handy in packs where steel is harder to get :)
Erm, what. Since when!?!?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Erm, what. Since when!?!?
Since I'm a bit of a TC4 noob myself, I dunno if you need one of its various addons or a specific mod involved for this to work.

If its the latter, you may need Gregtech in the pack for the recipe to work. To be fair, if you don't have GT in the pack, you probably don't care about the ability to make little steel nuggets in thaumcraft. But in GT where steel is harder to produce in quantities, they're gold :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Since I'm a bit of a TC4 noob myself, I dunno if you need one of its various addons or a specific mod involved for this to work.

If its the latter, you may need Gregtech in the pack for the recipe to work. To be fair, if you don't have GT in the pack, you probably don't care about the ability to make little steel nuggets in thaumcraft. But in GT where steel is harder to produce in quantities, they're gold :)
It may be a greg-a-madoodle, as I've never seen it.
But that seems pretty OP for a greg-pack

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It may be a greg-a-madoodle, as I've never seen it.
But that seems pretty OP for a greg-pack
I'm ambivalent. Greg seems to love TC4 and there's an absolute massive amount of integration between the two mods.

There aren't a lot of simple ordo sources. If you have a desert nearby I think you can get ordo and vitreus from glass. But that means 1 stack of sand for 1 stack of steel nuggets, and a considerable amount of time just getting that glass and ordo extracted, while voiding the vitreus. If you have candleberries in your pack, that's the best source, but they don't grow very fast.

Having said that, its still way better than bronze blast furnaces. But that's what you get when you put two mods together in the same pack :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Sandstone had Ordo as a sole aspect at one point (Resurrection). That pack added a TON of metal transmutation recipes.