Infernal Furnace not working :(

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
Has my title says! My Infernal furnace isn't working..
the thing i've noticed is the items acts like its in lava and bounces and it never use to do that i swear it use to just sink and get smelted but now im not getting anything out of putting stuff in the top.
any suggestions on why?

this was working like 1 hour ago or something like that.
(has the flux got to be low or something for it to be able to work? if so im screwed haha)

Thrane

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having similar troubles. About a week ago I made a Infernal Furnace and it worked and still works fine. But a couple days ago I made a new one a bit away from the old one and it acts the same as yours. I've trashed it and rebuilt to the same effect. Could be a trouble with the last update and old wolds, but haven't gone thought the research again in a new world to test that yet.

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
i think i have found the solution.
there is to much flux in the air so the furnace stops when there is to much i saw my flux go down by 10ish and my furnace started to smelt my ores that i put in ages ago.

look for the node and put a silverwood tree next to it or kill wisps

Mageleon

Jul 29, 2019
the wisps should spawn at a node if you don't know what they are you need to research goggles of revealing, wear them and just walk around and you'll see a cloud and it should have purple lightning coming out of it.
just wait near that and wisps should spawn.

Ps: also gives you awesome stuff

GRIOT56

Jul 29, 2019
I have 0 flux and my ores look fine while going in but when they dont come out.... I have the Direwolf20 pack

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem in Ultimate. The furnace ran fine in the beginning. I have 3 Arcane Bellows attached and the flux level is minimal. It still just spits the raw ore/food/whaver right back out. Occasionally it will smelt a few items, but then it will go right back to not working. Any ideas?

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
I have the same problem in Ultimate. The furnace ran fine in the beginning. I have 3 Arcane Bellows attached and the flux level is minimal. It still just spits the raw ore/food/whaver right back out. Occasionally it will smelt a few items, but then it will go right back to not working. Any ideas?

I believe this question was already answered in this thread

i think i have found the solution.
there is to much flux in the air so the furnace stops when there is to much i saw my flux go down by 10ish and my furnace started to smelt my ores that i put in ages ago.

look for the node and put a silverwood tree next to it or kill wisps

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
I believe this question was already answered in this thread
I did that. There is no flux. There is a silverwood node 5 blocks from the furnace. The aura isn't being drained at all. Flux doesn't appear to be generated at all. It just doesn't work. I added some crystal clusters but all that seemed to do was spawn a ton of wisps from the silverwood node so I removed them. Now there are no wisps. I can post a screen shot of my setup if you think it will help.

d34dl0ck

Jul 29, 2019
General discussion is not a support forum.
Wow, alright then. I did not create the post but was just stating I am having a similar problem. I have since discovered that it has something to do with the items being fed into the furnace by a dispenser because when I toss stuff in manually, it works fine. My apologies for asking a question.

Daxamar

Nov 21, 2012
I had a furnace I built in the Twilight Forest. No flux. no aura..furncae didnt work. It needs aura to work.

Also. I belive there are mods to moderate the forums. There marked as MODERATORS. Not "new members".

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, alright then. I did not create the post but was just stating I am having a similar problem. I have since discovered that it has something to do with the items being fed into the furnace by a dispenser because when I toss stuff in manually, it works fine. My apologies for asking a question.
Dude, asking a question is alright, but stating a problem in General Discussion is not. When I come to the General Discussion category, I expect to see general discussion. All I am saying is for this guy to post his problems in a different section rather than here. My first post wasn't even aimed at you!
P.S. Use a transposer, they work fine for me
I had a furnace I built in the Twilight Forest. No flux. no aura..furncae didnt work. It needs aura to work.

Also. I belive there are mods to moderate the forums. There marked as MODERATORS. Not "new members".
Oh man, someone didn't read the text under my username.

KLB

Jul 29, 2019
Oh man, someone didn't read the text under my username.

Member?

Anyhow, I'm having a similar problem, so if someone wants to post a link to a newer "not in the general discussion sub-forum" thread where this CAN be discussed, that'd be awesome.