IndustrialCraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been a longtime user of IndustrialCraft when I was using Tekkit, and a friend of mine suggested we try FTB. I like it so far, but I'm having one major problem - half the recipes for IndustrialCraft seemingly don't work. I made a BatBox, but I can't seem to make a macerator which I need to make solar panels. The macerator recipe is normally three flint on top, cobble machineblock cobble in the middle, and a circuit on bottom, and yet that doesn't work in FTB. When I look up the recipe it claims I need either diamonds (which imo is a bit excessive) or some crazy carbon plates that take VERY advanced machines to make. Am I missing something here? Are the recipes screwed up? Or did it really change to diamonds to make a macerator? -.-

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Which FTB mod pack are you using? Several of them have GregTech installed which changes some of the default IC2 recipes.

blueliger

Jul 29, 2019
Blame Gregtech, its like Hard mode for IC2

You can edit gregtechs config to enable the old recipes

techaton

Jul 29, 2019
I am guessing you are playing mindcrack, the recipes are a lot harder because gregtech is on hard mode in the mindcrack pack

Taien

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know how I would use the old recipes with GregTech? The config file isn't very intuitive. :)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
In the recipes.cfg there is a usefullrecipes section which has many of the recipes you might want to change back to the old ones.

GW x FuS1On

Jul 29, 2019
instead of the macerater us a pulverizer and make a hobbyist steam machine for the steam machine all u need is water and coal u should be good!