Induction Smelter recipes config?

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
Heya! Imma looking for a way to disable a recipe from the induction smelter from Thermal Expansion. Turns out it allows one to craft refined iron with barely any effort, compared to the actual intended way of having to jump through several IC2 hoops to get it, in the current version included in the DW20 for MC 1.7.1.

I browsed through the configs a couple times but couldn't find anything for it. Neither in the IC2 config.

Any ideas?

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through some of the instructions for it, and it showed me how to tweak shaped and shapeless recipes, as well as furnace recipes, and then purge recipes even from other mods, but it seems disabling something for a specific machine from another mod was out of the scope of the instructions, OR I didn't pay enough attention, but in any case, seems very complicated unless someone can walk me through the script for an induction smelter recipe?

EDIT: Looking some instructions from youtube, this is as far as I got:

mods.thermalexpansion.Smelter.removeRecipe(<IndustrialCraft 2:Refined Iron Ingot>);

However the syntax is wrong and I get errors all around.

Last edited:

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
I looked through some of the instructions for it, and it showed me how to tweak shaped and shapeless recipes, as well as furnace recipes, and then purge recipes even from other mods, but it seems disabling something for a specific machine from another mod was out of the scope of the instructions, OR I didn't pay enough attention, but in any case, seems very complicated unless someone can walk me through the script for an induction smelter recipe?

EDIT: Looking some instructions from youtube, this is as far as I got:

mods.thermalexpansion.Smelter.removeRecipe(<IndustrialCraft 2:Refined Iron Ingot>);

However the syntax is wrong and I get errors all around.

your minecraft folder > config\cofh\thermalexpansion > open common.cfg with notepad and change "B:Steel" to "false"

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
Steel is the same as refined iron in this instance? Because I got no beef with steel. Only the easy method of making refined iron.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
You'll have to disable Steel making in the Induction Smelter. There's a direct config option for that.

The issue is that IC2 considers refined iron to be steel. Welp.

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
You'll have to disable Steel making in the Induction Smelter. There's a direct config option for that.

The issue is that IC2 considers refined iron to be steel. Welp.

Thanks! That solves my problem neatly then :) Hey lemming, is your config for dynamo base energy: 80, the RF output per tick the dynamos put out, or something else? I'm trying to tune it down but changing it to 50 didn't seem to change the rf per tick on the corresponding dynamo.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! That solves my problem neatly then :) Hey lemming, is your config for dynamo base energy: 80, the RF output per tick the dynamos put out, or something else? I'm trying to tune it down but changing it to 50 didn't seem to change the rf per tick on the corresponding dynamo.

Honestly not sure what to tell you. It works fine for me (just tested), and presumably everyone else as well. It's in common.cfg, under Dynamo, subcategory <whatever>.

4fe31102b5.png

cladiniron

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly not sure what to tell you. It works fine for me (just tested), and presumably everyone else as well. It's in common.cfg, under Dynamo, subcategory <whatever>.
TEConfig.png

So weird. As you see, I disabled the enervation dynamo, and while it's still in NEI, it can't actually be crafted. However, RF/t is the default 80 RF/t in-game.

6210classick

Jul 29, 2019
So weird. As you see, I disabled the enervation dynamo, and while it's still in NEI, it can't actually be crafted. However, RF/t is the default 80 RF/t in-game.

i recommend that you update all of CoFH mods to the latest version and delete all config files then edit the new ones

also when you disable something from thermal expansion it won't disappear from NEI only the recipe is disabled so that's normal , if you want to hide a specific item then use Inpure Core