Incompatibility with Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm running pretty well in Windows 8 too, though I did have some problems downloading and installing (possibly similar to the second issue you linked) when using the .exe file and had to swap to using the .jar file instead, but this was only in the last couple of days, prior to that I hadn't had any issues what-so-ever running in Win8

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Just letting you know, I am running it on Windows 8 without a hitch.
Same here no problems at all. Will see how it runs after the 2 launcher updates last night (was online when the patches happend).

I do have the feeling that alot off people are choosing for run instead of save for downloading the launcher (seen strange patches in console logfiles from members with problems, maybe there is a connection somewhere? - example: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/it-aint-working.7287/#post-85835

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
I use win 8 on a laptop, only thing I came across is if you have an addon video card (such as an nvidia or ATI card, mine's nvidia) you have to tell the system which card to use for which program, set javaw to use the addon card.

other than that, it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.