In your opinion: BuildCraft of Redpower

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Best system for transport of items

• Total voters

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
Blutricity requires the light of the accursed daystar, giant fans easily seen by surface-dwellers, or an entire floor of my undertower. I've switched my mining output to Buildcraft and Factorization sorting, and keep self-contained systems managed/sorted by Buildcraft and/or Golems.
Golems are a godsend for managing Forestry systems efficiently.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I know that iron gates can respond to redstone signal edges to rotate themselves (and they never point to wooden pipes). But what does confuses me is what you said about pipe wire. Iron gates respond to pipe wire?

I've seen "system is full, void all" shunts installed using a T junction of pipe wire and gates. But this doesn't really solve the N-way fanout problem. People love RP2 pipes because they can do things like put 18 barrels on a line and RP2 will dutifully fill them up. I just wish we could find a way to approximate that behavior with BC pipes. I'm bored to tears of redpower sorting machines and tubes, I want more options!
You've still got railcraft, golems and stuff.

I'm fairly certain you could make a wall of barrels using railcraft :). Almost as compactly as with tubes if using advanced loaders, you wouldn't be able to see the carts though :(.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Blutricity requires the light of the accursed daystar, giant fans easily seen by surface-dwellers, or an entire floor of my undertower. I've switched my mining output to Buildcraft and Factorization sorting, and keep self-contained systems managed/sorted by Buildcraft and/or Golems.
Golems are a godsend for managing Forestry systems efficiently.
I think I'd enjoy playing with you.

Reactions: Guswut

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
BT does not really need all that much power for its own systems. It is when you try and use BT for MJ that you start having to build large power systems.

Personaly I like building hybrid systems. A little of everything I need. Keeps the game fresh and fun.

I also like to do silly things with BT and plan on having one whole floor of my mothership as one HUGE thermopile arry.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
BT does not really need all that much power for its own systems. It is when you try and use BT for MJ that you start having to build large power systems.

Personaly I like building hybrid systems. A little of everything I need. Keeps the game fresh and fun.

I also like to do silly things with BT and plan on having one whole floor of my mothership as one HUGE thermopile arry.
maybe a good way to keep mobs from spawning on the roof of your ship is to make it blue with solar panels? ;)