In regards to choosing a host. Advice please?

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MClaudeW

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a bit of advice for choosing a server host, I want to make a small community of 5-10 dedicated players and leave everything "vanilla feed the beast"

What should I expect to pay who would make a goo server host for mostly central USA players. What amount of ram would be stable enough?

Any input is greatly appreciated. This will be my first server of course. And I'm only doing this because I can't find a server that doesn't reset every few days that doesn't have warping and has mystcraft turned on.

Silent

Jul 29, 2019
I personally use ChicagoVPS, because I have a coupon code that gets me their 2GB plan for $7 a month (if you're interested pm me)

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a decent internet connection, you should actually just consider buying an old computer, for about 50-100$ you should be able to buy an old computer good enough for 5-15 people to play on.

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what mods you decide , any host is good as the next really. Support is the main thing, but if you know what your doing it shouldn't matter. Many decent hosting companies out there. Find the one with the best coupon for EST or Central and go with them. They don't even have to support FTB, just rename the .jar file and your good to go.

Word of advice if you plan to use magic world. Make sure you get atleast 4gigs of ram for 20 people.[DOUBLEPOST=1355625974][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have a decent internet connection, you should actually just consider buying an old computer, for about 50-100$ you should be able to buy an old computer good enough for 5-15 people to play on.
He doesn't live in sweden or NL he doesn't benefit from fiber , us stuck in the US are still under the internet umbrella where bandwidth is used as leverage for more money. For 25 Euros or almost $30 you get yourself a 3-5MB download and a less then 1mb upload.