In Australia Multiple PC's mod pack redownloading

Should the issue of installation method take more priority then FTB gives it?

• Yes, it's integral to the products utility and end user experience

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, FTB should ignore people who use low spec internet on a low spec game.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

_King_In_Yellow_

Jul 29, 2019
Operating System, bit type: Vista Ultimate 64 / Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
Java version/update, bit type: 7
Anti-malware software: none intruding
Location you're downloading from: Australia
Launcher version: the one for 1.6.4 (Very Latest)
Completed the troubleshooting guide (y/n): Y
Console log, pastebin.com link: Shouldn't require

I'm looking to some answers as to why after copying my Feed The Beast directories over from one computer to the next it is insisting on redownloading the modpacks (note not the ftb launcher just it's mods which were also correctly transferred).

I have cleared out old .minecraft & FTBlauncher folders and have taken a direct copy from my windows 7 pc of these files and stuck them into my vista machine.

Theoretically the data the machines are working on are the same, the modpack is there in it's entirety and so is the launcher.

It takes almost a full day of retries to download Feed The Beasts latest modpack in my location so as you can appreciate it auto-committing itself to redownload is not just 'painful' it's infuriating.
How can i get this program to recognise that everything it uses is already there waiting for it and thus prevent it from downloading things that it doesn't need to because i physically loaded them into where they need to be?

Normally i don't make much of a fuss about such things, but i have 5 systems i usually run in a LAN (due to online gaming limitations in my location) and with feed the beasts rapid turnover of updates and multiple packs it is starting to become quite a large issue and i would suspect i am not the only person presented with such an issue in your fan base.

I can appreciate that FTB has to be downloaded from creeper host bar the sanity of diversified download locations, but it seems to be ludicrous that a program designed to enable a seemless installation of quite complex modding seems to have overlooked point to point drag and drop playability.

I heard that Feed the beast can be played through modding of how it runs to allow it to be mobilized on a USB; should i instead move Feed The Beast onto a thumbdrive and take it to a university/place of business to update or is this method completely FUD for my purpose of enabling a level of ease in up to date installation in a veritable 'packet no mans land'.