Importing to ME

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. Can't do that since each of my MFR farms produces three different things, and that won't work for the golem farms (Ender Pearls, Canola seeds) at all. Well, gain one convenience, lose another.
Yeah, for the MFR farms, I really do go with the smaller, single-purpose ones over the larger multi-farms. It ends up a little more expensive in terms of machines, but it's much more finely tunable. Golem farms would be an issue, yes; maybe RoC fans would be better, as you could level-emit to a clutch or ECU?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yep, the ME Interface is a very powerful block, and where you can use it, it's way faster than any of the buses. I'm using it to import items into the system wherever feasible.

I'm wondering though: you who attach ME interfaces to tesseracts, how do you deal with possible overflow problems? I have two subnetworks with only formatted storage, but parts of your network must remain open in order to be able to take new items in, for instance when new stuff comes in or when you clear out your inventory. How you do prevent overflow from spilling into your main system, when everything goes into the network without a trashcan fork put in-between?

You use priority to deal with it:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-2#post-587528

If you set up the system as I describe in the link, it will fill up the formatted disks and anything in addition to that will get deleted. But unknown items will get stored in your random item buffers.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You use priority to deal with it:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...and-guide-collection.42664/page-2#post-587528

If you set up the system as I describe in the link, it will fill up the formatted disks and anything in addition to that will get deleted. But unknown items will get stored in your random item buffers.
Ah....i actually recall having thought along the same lines, only that I my list of potentially-to-be-deleted items was so long I'd need six buses to declare it, so I ended up using one Mk5 chassis pipe instead.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah....i actually recall having thought along the same lines, only that I my list of potentially-to-be-deleted items was so long I'd need six buses to declare it, so I ended up using one Mk5 chassis pipe instead.
The ME storage bus filter is rather large(54 items), but yeah I am forced to use several of them as I progress through my build. Atm I am using 2x normal ME storage bus and 1x ME fuzzy storage bus(which handles damaged items from mob farms etc). But it is really easy just adding another bus to the chest of whatever deletion method you choose.

But I have never needed to delete more than 150ish standard items plus the damaged tools and armours.

Deleting with IC2 Recyclers:
4Ge3O6g.png

The third bus is under the chest.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The ME storage bus filter has 54 slots? Uh....that fact has totally escaped me until now. I alway assumed the filter was like those on the export bus and thus I used those for deleting items since they're cheaper.

In that case, two buses would be enough. Which is acceptable.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The ME storage bus filter has 54 slots? Uh....that fact has totally escaped me until now. I alway assumed the filter was like those on the export bus and thus I used those for deleting items since they're cheaper.

In that case, two buses would be enough. Which is acceptable.
Another little handy tip I wish I had know earlier(or was implemented earlier, dunno) is that the different ME bus settings can be copied by using the "ME Bus Memory Card". Shift+click a bus with the card to store setting on the card, click a bus again with the card to load the setting down into the bus. Can be really handy when moving setups or copying identical setups.

You can also when moving a ME bus shift+click it with a Wrench to dismantle it while storing all its settings, so that when put back up everything will be as it was.

Bot of these can be really useful, specially when forced to move ME storage bus with loads of items filtered in.