Immibis (Micro block)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Which would be the main reason RP2's are less buggy. Seriously it's a matter of preference. Not everyone cares to have microblocks for anything but RP2/beautification as well as the reverse of that.

There are some very pragmatic uses for microblocks. I am not a beauty builder, but I still want microblocks. A good example is safe dark flooring.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
There are some very pragmatic uses for microblocks. I am not a beauty builder, but I still want microblocks. A good example is safe dark flooring.
Which is why I said the reverse as well. People want them for different reasons and there's no reason to bag on either mod. They both generally work as intended.

Scalion

Jul 29, 2019
Thx for all those reply guys, didn't expect to get that much attention ;)
But, the only reason why i want micro block it's because i'm a builder user, it add so much depth.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thx for all those reply guys, didn't expect to get that much attention ;)
But, the only reason why i want micro block it's because i'm a builder user, it add so much depth.
Then I imagine you'll want to use immbis anyway since IIRC it's got a lot more options in terms of block -> microblock which means a lot more option in terms beautification.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
This discussion I becoming unproductive, quickly.

Immibis Microblocks are great. Red power 2 Microblocks are great. Right now the only option for 1.5.1 players is to use IB. If the FTB mod pack wants to update in the short term, there is only one option.

So, let's not talk about RP2's future again. Please
IB = Immibis Microblocks?

Reactions: Zexks

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
There's also the bit with Immibis's Microblocks where it can't keep stuff from connecting. That's the one thing I dislike about them.

Well, for most things to which we want it to attach there is no need. Liquiducts already provide a method of running and placing in parallel. REDconduits are not subject to loops so it often does not matter if they connect. I can actually think of one case but I personally have never run into it and there's methods of addressing that case in other manners. Rednet acts at all time as built-in bundled cable which is configurable at the end points.

Hmmm, now that I think about it IC2 wiring and UE wiring could use the non-connectivity of microblocks. Though if I infer correctly from things that Power Crystals has said non-connectivity is something that the other mod authors need to check for and implement.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for most things to which we want it to attach there is no need. Liquiducts already provide a method of running and placing in parallel. REDconduits are not subject to loops so it often does not matter if they connect. I can actually think of one case but I personally have never run into it and there's methods of addressing that case in other manners. Rednet acts at all time as built-in bundled cable which is configurable at the end points.

Hmmm, now that I think about it IC2 wiring and UE wiring could use the non-connectivity of microblocks. Though if I infer correctly from things that Power Crystals has said non-connectivity is something that the other mod authors need to check for and implement.

Not sure on UE, but IC2 wiring already has a method to prevent connections -- paint. Has a roller thing you use on foam can be used on cables to isolate lines run side by side.

Reactions: Zexks

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
Right, right, I knew that, just forgot as it has been months since I last used IC2. Thanks for setting me straight. :)