Immersive Engineering Biodiesel Plant

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
I've really wanted to get deep into this mod for a while and make a build project centered around it. Recently on a Hermitpack server I got my chance.

My goal was to make a Biodiesel setup sufficient enough to run all the factory machines I had in the main IE building. Chief among them was the Arc Furnace. That beast would draw 6100+ RF/t if it had all 12 bays full of ore to process.

With 4 Biodiesel generators going I could crank out 16000+ RF/t, which gave me plenty of power to work with.

Big shout out to BluSunrize for making a fantasic mod that was certainly a lot of fun.

Biodiesel Plant

g6Ittv8.png

35Wr85I.png

0c2qoRD.png

O34Dj0r.png

fiy8e60.png

Water Wheel setup for lower-tier power generation and for the outside lanterns / inside floodlights

YgcHAyE.png

Main Factory Building

DMFu345.png

nopBZQ4.png

2Q9kJsh.png

vIOWq4v.png

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
Took about 3 weeks. It's a survival server so most of week one was spent on resource gathering and not a lot of building.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
That's incredibly epic. And here I thought my Stirling Engine powerplant was awesome. Those EnderIO farming stations?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sweet. I've learned something interesting. Turns out in 1.7.10, the farming station could use Forestry Fertilizer, just like bone meal. If you're playing with it and find you've got Apatite, could be a useful way to get rid of it.

Reactions: JaRyCu
E

eloquentJane

This is pretty incredible. You make some excellent design choices.

Also, I didn't know that IE belts could travel vertically. Is this from a recent update?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
This is AWESOME! :) I absolutely love the aesthetic - you've really made the best of what Immersive Engineering has to offer - great work!

CompassRose

Jul 29, 2019
@CompassRose, nice build. How are you hydrating your crops?

I used fertilized dirt from the random things mod. However you have to till the soil manually before the ender io station recognizes it as valid farmland. After that it works. There's also greenhouse glass from extra utils that will have the same effect, and they stack bonuses.

The Tinker's Mattocks in the farming stations also had fortune applied to them, just in case the increased yield effect would be recognized as well.

I think in future packs this will get even easier, as I see Agricraft is slated to be included in Beyond. The 10/10/10 seeds are going to make a huge difference.

Reactions: Pyure
R

Ron12345

Would have been better if you have access to railcraft smokerr ;);)

M

MikW

Awesome build! I hope I can build something like this when I get more resources.