I'm making so much UU matter using the matter fabricator that make me think I did something wrongo.o

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
So I have 64 thermal generator that making 1200 eu per tick to my matter fabricator and it making uu matter with scrap box like nothing. 1 scrap box give it a extra 27% boost each time o.o i don't know why but i'm making so much uu matter. Anybody know if this is realistic lol

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
If you are playing on a server the owner might have changed the energy needed to produce UU matter.
Or you are not using the GregTech matter fabricator (and rather the mass fabricator) which only needs 166666 EU when boosted with scrap.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
I might have changed the config somehow but it making so much uu matter and i want to change it to the default hardcore mode

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It's because you're feeding it scrapboxes.

It will actually run at the same speed that scrap will, but uses 9x less and gives 9x the progress.
So each scrap box it uses gives 27% instead of 3%
But uses the same amount of power to obtain that 27% progress either method

I'm guessing this isn't an automated process, and thus gives it time to build up the internal storage of power, thus giving the illusion of extra speed, or it's just a matter of perspective.

Feeding my matter fabricator 3300 EU/t doesn't seem fast enough for me... ._.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
So it only making the process faster, but using the same amount of energy until it internal energy buffer is out?

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
No, how much UU you are producing in a certain amount of time only depends on the energy input (given that you always have enough scrap).

If you want to check how much energy you need, go to config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg
and check the line
I:MatterFabricationRate=16666666

The value above is the default one.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
But still 64 thermal generator produce 24/t that equal to 24*64=1536 eu/t and it still making uu matter like a beast lol. it like 1% every single second and i feel like it should require much more since it can accept like 8k eu/t

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
But still 64 thermal generator produce 24/t that equal to 24*64=1536 eu/t and it still making uu matter like a beast lol. it like 1% every single second and i feel like it should require much more since it can accept like 8k eu/t

Are you giving it time to build up the internal buffer, because that will give the illusion of speed, because it's fast while you're looking at it, but the overall time isn't particularly fast

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
No, how much UU you are producing in a certain amount of time only depends on the energy input (given that you always have enough scrap).

If you want to check how much energy you need, go to config/GregTech/GregTech.cfg
and check the line
I:MatterFabricationRate=16666666

The value above is the default one.
It the correct value but i feel like 64 thermal generator is making so much energy when people on the mindcrack server have like 10 ultimate hybrid solar panel hook up to matter fabricator and making like 1% every single second with scrapbox ;p

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
It the correct value but i feel like 64 thermal generator is making so much energy when people on the mindcrack server have like 10 ultimate hybrid solar panel hook up to matter fabricator and making like 1% every single second with scrapbox ;p
It should take you about 9 minutes to make one UU.
While for them it will take about 3 minutes per UU if you do the math.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
At 20 ticks per second, you're generating 30720 eu/second, which would give enough to make one UU matter every... 520 seconds, approximately.

That's one UU matter every 8 minutes at the default energy cost.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Are you giving it time to build up the internal buffer, because that will give the illusion of speed, because it's fast while you're looking at it, but the overall time isn't particularly fast
Yes 10,000 per thermal generator and the blue bar in the matter fabricator is only like 1% fill up, and everytime i put 1 scrap box it goes up 27% :p, but when i fill it all up with scrapbox, it just do 1% every second or so. So individual feeding 1 at the same time seem like make it go faster[DOUBLEPOST=1365466787][/DOUBLEPOST]
It should take you about 9 minutes to make one UU.
While for them it will take about 3 minutes per UU if you do the math.
o.o but i'm making them like 1 every 30 sec with scrapbox >.>

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

It takes 9 minutes to build up the power required, if you run that overnight without any scrap in the fabricator, that's a lot of 9 minute phases.
in conclusion to your original question, it's an illusion of speed that doesn't actually exist.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yes 10,000 per thermal generator and the blue bar in the matter fabricator is only like 1% fill up, and everytime i put 1 scrap box it goes up 27% :p, but when i fill it all up with scrapbox, it just do 1% every second or so. So individual feeding 1 at the same time seem like make it go faster[DOUBLEPOST=1365466787][/DOUBLEPOST]

Then your configs are wrong.

Your server is on easy mode. Or you're using a mass fabricator instead of a matter fabricator.

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Then your configs are wrong.

Your server is on easy mode. Or you're using a mass fabricator instead of a matter fabricator.
I just force updated my ultimate modpack and currently gonna test it out with matter fabricator and see what happen.

EDIT:After force updating my ultimate modpack, the matte fabricator is now hella slow and not even making any uu matter XD. Thanks guy force updating my config folder seem to fix the problem

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I'm not sure what was wrong, but if you weren't using the mass fabricator by mistake, then something must have gone whonky with your configuration files.

Either way, glad that you got the situation worked out.