Im Confused

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Teodor612

Jul 29, 2019
Pc Specs
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1820 @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz
4,00 GB Ram
64 bit
Intel HD Graphics

How can i ever play Infinity evolved with 60-100 fps on this pc?Its weird
upload_2016-4-19_18-47-29.png

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Spawn a vanilla world and never build anything other than dirt hovels in it.

Maintaining a FPS that high is an utopian dream. Lots of people will claim that they have FPS that high, but only way that is achievable is by playing Minecraft like its vanilla. As soon as you start building something half complex FPS will plummet and you should just be glad if it is above the 20's.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Pc Specs
Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G1820 @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz
4,00 GB Ram
64 bit
Intel HD Graphics

View attachment 26965

#1... Get a real video system. Intel "HD graphics" aren't designed for much more than business presentations. Or be prepared to run at the lowest resolution/detail possible to get the FPS you think everyone else is getting.

#2... I'd add another 4GB ram... most large modpacks seem happiest with 3-4GB allocated for Java and Minecraft, but you also have to have enough ram to run silly little things like the Operating System and other side programs you may be running (NOT recommended). Also, keep in mind your Intel Graphics chip does not supply it's own memory - it steals from the main memory, usually 256-512MB.

#3... Celerons aren't the best CPUs for much past professional use, although having a multi-core CPU isn't required at this time with Minecraft. Faster clock performance is about the biggest boost you can get outside of being absolutely sure you have a 64-bit CPU.

For example, my system has an AMD FX8350 CPU, with 8GB ram. This is advertised as an 8-core chip, although it's really 4 dual-core co-procs, and the one I bought a couple of years ago runs at 4GHz. I use it for other things that need the capabilities (multiple Hyper-V sessions running network infrastructure simulations) but with Minecraft it sits there yawning. With Infinity Evolved Skyblock I see 95-120 FPS nominally. With the non-skyblock version I'm lucky to get 40-60 FPS and that's because of the game.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I can tell you this right now, even with some of the best PC's, modded minecraft will run like crap when you build a large base. It seems to have gotten worse the farther we go in minecraft versions. You can't expect to get 200-300 fps in your base. I get around 120-200 fps in a brand new world in ftb monster, the one thing that absolutely kills my fps is forests, because of the leaves and how you can see through them on the fancy setting. I have two gtx 980's and a i7 3960x.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
It seems to have gotten worse the farther we go in minecraft versions.
Think it is partly because modders have become a whole lot better and produce MUCH more complex mods.

And partly because everything has to be so over the top now. People cannot settle with a boiler with 18 IDEs powering a quarry. It is a gazillion turbines powering maxed out Ender quarries and so on. Ruining their performance gathering countless resources that they will never use. Moderation and common sense helps a lot on performance.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Think it is partly because modders have become a whole lot better and produce MUCH more complex mods.

And partly because everything has to be so over the top now. People cannot settle with a boiler with 18 IDEs powering a quarry. It is a gazillion turbines powering maxed out Ender quarries and so on. Ruining their performance gathering countless resources that they will never use. Moderation and common sense helps a lot on performance.

Yeah, I can agree with that, however even in vanilla, my performance suffers the further I go in versions. Also, this is my opinion, but once you get to a certain point its kind of fun to see how over the top you can make things. Push things to their limits.

Teodor612

Jul 29, 2019
#1... Get a real video system. Intel "HD graphics" aren't designed for much more than business presentations. Or be prepared to run at the lowest resolution/detail possible to get the FPS you think everyone else is getting.

#2... I'd add another 4GB ram... most large modpacks seem happiest with 3-4GB allocated for Java and Minecraft, but you also have to have enough ram to run silly little things like the Operating System and other side programs you may be running (NOT recommended). Also, keep in mind your Intel Graphics chip does not supply it's own memory - it steals from the main memory, usually 256-512MB.

#3... Celerons aren't the best CPUs for much past professional use, although having a multi-core CPU isn't required at this time with Minecraft. Faster clock performance is about the biggest boost you can get outside of being absolutely sure you have a 64-bit CPU.

For example, my system has an AMD FX8350 CPU, with 8GB ram. This is advertised as an 8-core chip, although it's really 4 dual-core co-procs, and the one I bought a couple of years ago runs at 4GHz. I use it for other things that need the capabilities (multiple Hyper-V sessions running network infrastructure simulations) but with Minecraft it sits there yawning. With Infinity Evolved Skyblock I see 95-120 FPS nominally. With the non-skyblock version I'm lucky to get 40-60 FPS and that's because of the game.
Suggestion what graphic card should i get but not too expensive

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
A Nivida 700 or 800 Ti series is decent; I recommend the ZOTEC brand.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I have a PNY GeForce GT610, which uses an Nvidia GPU... Not the newest but it was only $50 at Fry's Electronics. When I can afford near top-of-the-line gear I usually buy eVGA, since they have a free replacement warranty (or used to, anyway) over several years.

The only problem I've had on those cards were fan failures, and went through 3 cards in about 12 years while paying for only one. Each model was out of production when replaced so they sent a comparably priced new card... This resulted in free upgrades for me. :D

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Suggestion what graphic card should i get but not too expensive
I would seriously recommend considering saving up for a bit to instead buy a proper gaming PC. They are not totally pricey of you put one together your self.

A Nivida 700 or 800 Ti series is decent; I recommend the ZOTEC brand.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2
If you do get a ZOTAC, then make sure to look up that it is not one of the cards that suffer from coil whine or electrical noise. They are often cheap/powerful at the expense of the engineering/craftsmanship from what I gather.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
worse comes to worst.. get a sapphire's Radeon R7 370... that is what I have. runs well on my pc with a i5-6600 CPU.

for me though, probably would need a better cpu cooler than a stock one

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've got an MSI GeForce 750. Fans don't even kick on until the card reaches a certain temp. It's still kind of overkill for Minecraft, but it's not the most graphically intensive game. That said, it's enough card to run other games smoothly as well.

You're going to want a minimum of an i3, though an i5 is better. I'd say even going up to an AMD would be better. ;)

And at least 8GB of RAM so you can give MC it's full 4. Modded needs every bit of that.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
I've got an MSI GeForce 750. Fans don't even kick on until the card reaches a certain temp. It's still kind of overkill for Minecraft, but it's not the most graphically intensive game. That said, it's enough card to run other games smoothly as well.

You're going to want a minimum of an i3, though an i5 is better. I'd say even going up to an AMD would be better. ;)

And at least 8GB of RAM so you can give MC it's full 4. Modded needs every bit of that.

Overkill? nah... but you certainly need at least 8Gb~ as modded like to eat up 4Gb. going for a i3 usually mean lower perfomance. I5's are good midrangers and I7's are beasts.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS