Idea For Open World Adventure Maps: Respawning Ores

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Ok so I have an idea to make respawning ores for Open World Adventure Maps using redpower!!

How it works it uses a timer to respawn the ores set the time to your liking :p
it uses a bud switch to make sure the timer is not random ;)
and it uses a deployer to deploy the ores!

So the first thing your going to as is where are the pics man?

Well there right here Man :)
Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/Sn8Bs#7

now here are some things I bet your going to tell me

Won't this make it to easy to get ores on my map?

Would you belive If I said No because that is the truth
here is how
you can set the deployer to your liking if you want them to get only 5 ores from a deployer the you can do it

Well how about if the player has to come back to that area later in the map?

if thats true then do this if the player has a stone pick and is mining Iron and Coal then place Gold or Diamond if you want and end teir system then place obsidian so when they come back with a diamond pick they can get mew stuff

This isn't going to work they can just open the deployer and take the stuff out!

Well this is the truth unless this is on a server but telling players they are not suppose to open deployers is like a rule if they don't follow it why follow any.

Okay well can I see the Map Closer to see more on how it works and to test it out

Absolutely I would Love you to here is the link.
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/?z63qq5468spbfb8 (note this was used using MindCrack)

Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors in this post

K4b6

Coolipop

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just drop the ores (entity form) over the player when they walk over a pressure plate?

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just drop the ores (entity form) over the player when they walk over a pressure plate?
well this is for open world meaning you can go anywhere you want not just for small adventure maps so having that takes the fun of mining and makes it easy this makes mining more like a (hate to say this) runescape mining system where you have can do and have more freedom in the world this also adds a timer to the system so the ores won't respawn in the area tell you tell them to I'm actually making a small world for download just to show you what I"m thinking...

Umbra

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, this is a good idea, hence why we are already using it in the FTB open world adventure map posted here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-open-world-adventure-map.57/

The only thing is we already have our system that we were going to use, and we have incorporated a detection system to tell when the ore is actually been mined etc, and with this detection system, it makes it so players can't actually set up an auto system right on the block to mine it.

The only thing I will add to your design is the fact that you can actually see the deployers once you have broken the block, if you have a look on page 6 of our thread, i have posted screenshots of our auto-replenish system, and EVERYTHING is not visible to the player, detector, main replacement system etc etc (unless if people go breaking behind stuff obviously, which would be breaking our rules of the map, as well as ruining the fun etc).

Don't get me wrong, the auto replenish idea is a great one, and myself and Mattabase have already designed a system to use back in 1.3.2 with the un-released version of RP. But, having the deployers show like that in an adventure map, just breaks immersion, just an FYI

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming that your map design supports it (with a lightsource in the cave), you can use a redpower 2 light sensor to detect whether an ore has been mined or not. To hide it, you can take advantage of the fact that microblocks are transparent to the minecraft lighting engine.

Basically, put a stone cover behind the ore you want to respawn and a lightsensor behind that. Once the ore has been mined, the light from the inside the cave passes through the cover and hits the sensor telling your circuit that the ore is missing. You can then use a sticky piston (with a stone block) and a deployer to replace the ore.

here is a pic of a simple controlling circuit:

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, this is a good idea, hence why we are already using it in the FTB open world adventure map posted here: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-open-world-adventure-map.57/

The only thing is we already have our system that we were going to use, and we have incorporated a detection system to tell when the ore is actually been mined etc, and with this detection system, it makes it so players can't actually set up an auto system right on the block to mine it.

The only thing I will add to your design is the fact that you can actually see the deployers once you have broken the block, if you have a look on page 6 of our thread, i have posted screenshots of our auto-replenish system, and EVERYTHING is not visible to the player, detector, main replacement system etc etc (unless if people go breaking behind stuff obviously, which would be breaking our rules of the map, as well as ruining the fun etc).

Don't get me wrong, the auto replenish idea is a great one, and myself and Mattabase have already designed a system to use back in 1.3.2 with the un-released version of RP. But, having the deployers show like that in an adventure map, just breaks immersion, just an FYI

Thanks I will check it out