IDConflicts

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Trond007

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know where to post exactly.

Since Minecraft is a sandbox game I tried to add Galacticraft to Monster, which resultet in IDConflicts:

#Blocks
3347: fenceGate.bloodwood from Natura - moonBlock from GalacticraftCore
3348: fenceGate.hopseed from Natura - cheeseBlock from GalacticraftCore
3350: fenceGate.silverbell from Natura - breatheableAir from GalacticraftCore
3351: fenceGate.amaranth from Natura - landingPad from GalacticraftCore
3352: fenceGate.tiger from Natura - landingPadFull from GalacticraftCore
3353: fenceGate.willow from Natura - unlitTorch from GalacticraftCore
3354: fenceGate.darkwood from Natura - unlitTorchLit from GalacticraftCore
3355: fenceGate.fusewood from Natura - distributor from GalacticraftCore
3356: blazerail from Natura - oxygenCompressor from GalacticraftCore
3357: blazerail.powered from Natura - oxygenCollector from GalacticraftCore
3358: blazerail.detector from Natura - refinery from GalacticraftCore
3359: blazerail.activator from Natura - fuelLoader from GalacticraftCore
3360: furnace.netherrack from Natura - sealer from GalacticraftCore
3361: nether.obelisk from Natura - oxygenDetector from GalacticraftCore
3362: nether.glass from Natura - cargo from GalacticraftCore
3363: nether.hopper from Natura - machine from GalacticraftCore
3368: lever from Natura - oxygenPipe from GalacticraftCore
3391: sign from flatsigns - sludge from GalacticraftMars
Suggested Ranges: 2951-3119 (169 IDs), 1556-1719 (164 IDs), 3511-3624 (114 IDs)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This really belongs in the support section, not here.

Go into Galacticrafts config and find the Item ID section. Change the IDs of the items mentioned in what you linked to that of one of the IDs in the suggested ranges.

So for example moonBlock changed to ID 2951.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Google for and install IDFix Minus.

Problem solved ....

... however! Installing Galacticraft will slap you with a lot more problems than just ID conflicts.

People (including me) have been trying for ages to get it to behave with the popular FTB packs like DW20 and Monster, and so far it's been an absolute tragedy.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Google for and install IDFix Minus.

Problem solved ....

... however! Installing Galacticraft will slap you with a lot more problems than just ID conflicts.

People (including me) have been trying for ages to get it to behave with the popular FTB packs like DW20 and Monster, and so far it's been an absolute tragedy.
Only issue I had was Blood Magic not working with it installed. This has since been resolved.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
On what pack?

I tried Monster, and DW20, without Blood Magic, and I always get random crashes - getting to the moon, looking up GC stuff in NEI and a million other things.

Reviewing the crash log, there's always GC involved.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
On what pack?

I tried Monster, and DW20, without Blood Magic, and I always get random crashes - getting to the moon, looking up GC stuff in NEI and a million other things.

Reviewing the crash log, there's always GC involved.
You must have missed our #MultiMC4Lyfe circle-jerk.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ZodiacK256B

Jul 29, 2019
Concerning Galacticraft, you either use a program like listed above or manually shift the conflicting id's to fix the conflicting ID's error. Now concerning the crash when trying to generate the Moon or Mars the fix is a setting in the CoFHWorld.cfg file. This is located in ((your monster root)/Monster/minecraft/config/cofh). Specifically this line(B:FlatBedrock=true). This needs to be changed to false and after that I did not have any issues generating those two worlds. If there are any other Galacticraft issues i have not ran into them yet.

Hope that helps.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Oh yes it does.

Having Galacticraft working, would fullfill a dream of my 2 favourite games merged into one: minecraft and kerbal space program :D

I'll give it a try and report back!

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I've never understood why this is such a big issue, couldn't it be handled with a sed one-liner? They don't actually need to be any specific number from what I've gathered, just sequential, so couldn't every damn id problem ever be solved with a simple "cat idconfigfile | sed s/endofline/1++" dealy? Forgive the psuedocodiness -_-

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes it does.

Having Galacticraft working, would fullfill a dream of my 2 favourite games merged into one: minecraft and kerbal space program :D

I'll give it a try and report back!
Man what a dream you have. Tiny Green Men dying constantly trying to go to space, where upon the Mun they land and get hunted down by spiders, zombies, skeletons, and exploding green dicks.
Fun Times.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've never understood why this is such a big issue, couldn't it be handled with a sed one-liner? They don't actually need to be any specific number from what I've gathered, just sequential, so couldn't every damn id problem ever be solved with a simple "cat idconfigfile | sed s/endofline/1++" dealy? Forgive the psuedocodiness -_-
I think the problem you get without any consistency in how you distribute item IDs is that you suddenly end up opening up an old save and find a lot of items missing because your auto correction code changed the IDs for them and the save can no longer find them.

Reactions: YX33A

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I think the problem you get without any consistency in how you distribute item IDs is that you suddenly end up opening up an old save and find a lot of items missing because your auto correction code changed the IDs for them and the save can no longer find them.

Well ok, so no good for existing worlds, but...[DOUBLEPOST=1394756492][/DOUBLEPOST]It must have layers of complexity I'm not aware of, obvs Lex and co. have thought of it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well ok, so no good for existing worlds, but...[DOUBLEPOST=1394756492][/DOUBLEPOST]It must have layers of complexity I'm not aware of, obvs Lex and co. have thought of it.
It all becomes a moot point anyway in 1.7 when Mojang does away with item IDs all together. Mods will also no longer be restricted by limited amount of available item IDs.

Reactions: kilteroff

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
It all becomes a moot point anyway in 1.7 when Mojang does away with item IDs all together. Mods will also no longer be restricted by limited amount of available item IDs.
In theory we won't be. In Practice I figure we'll still have the same limits, but configuring them will be m00t.

Reactions: kilteroff