Whitelist Server Icewynd FTB|Ultimate 1.0.1|Whitelist|Small Server

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

matagin

Jul 29, 2019
Icewynd FTB is a small server with around 10 people on the whitelist currently. At most, we have 1-3 people online at a time. Everyone usually keeps to themselves and build solo but some of us build together. Server chat is pretty quiet but people like to talk at times and joke around. If you want a small stable server with very knowledgable players, this server is for you.

Most of our players are ages 15 and up. I am the admin and I am over 30 and very familiar with admining Minecraft servers and FTB. Understand that there could be times that we have lag due to various mods. If it becomes a major issue, I will look at upgrading.

We are looking to add a maximum of 5 people at this time. If you are added and inactive after a week, you will be removed from the whitelist. If you are added and are not a good fit with our other players, you will be removed from the whitelist.

We are running Forge Essentials so you have access to /back, /home here, /home, /tps, /help.

Server IP/Hostname: ftb.icewynd.net 184.164.128.114
Server hardware: Shared server/instance with 2GB RAM.
Map Age: Restarted a few days ago
PVP: Off

Rules:
  • No griefing (Do not break or use any blocks not placed by yourself unless you get permission from the person who placed them).
  • Don't be a jerk.
  • Be nice to others.
  • Don't use hacked clients or exploits.
  • Don't lag the server. Turn off spawners when not in use. If your base is causing lag, be prepared to have items removed.
  • Don't dupe items.
  • Don't steal items from other players.
  • Keep the trolling/pranking to a minimum.
  • Have fun!
Banned Items/Mods:
  • Canvas Bag
  • Unifier
  • Uncrafting Table
  • Xycraft
Please fill out this whitelist application in your reply. Thanks!
IGN:
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking?
What are you looking for in an FTB server?

PerWerT

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, Matagin.

Seems like this is the server we'd like to see i ask for 2 people who work as a team.

IGN: PerWerT
Age (Remember 18+ ): 28
Have you ever been banned? If yes, why?: Nope
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? Not very long about 2 weeks now
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?Haven't really decided. One thing seems interesting to me is a steves crts tree farm powering a load of generators with charcoal. Still it can be too complex. Usually i start on a mix of ic geotherms and solars
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? It depends on the type of trollin. If the pranks are funny and friendly i weill usually have fun along with a pranker and perform some things myself.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? I look for a server with lots of stuff to build that can support a vide variety of contraptions and interesting buildings.

Now for my friend

IGN: Gonzaliz
Age (Remember 18+ ): 25
Have you ever been banned? If yes, why?: Nope
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? About half a year
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Forestry biofarm
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Usually i don't like trolling
What are you looking for in an FTB server? Looking for a small server where there are not very much banned items and many oropportunities to build without fear of grieving

Kenneth Kuppens

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Matagin I would really like to join your server,
So here is my application.

IGN: chello107
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? If Tekkit counts for about a year now.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? I have 2 favorite ways: Geothermal Generators and Steam Boilers.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? First asking them nicely to stop, if they don't stop I report them to the server moderator.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A small community which is cosy and always friendly.

brandon5499

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:cheercorp
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?: like 2 or 3 years
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?:lava
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking?:Tell a admin/mod
What are you looking for in an FTB server?: Small, i know every one and friendly

w0rd26

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:w0rd26
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? Since beta
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? I don't have a favorite, I try to change it up everytime but probably Lava through IC2 Geothermal and TE Magmatic Engines.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Prank them back in case of a prank or report them to the Admin if the trolling gets out of control.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A good community to join and to help contribute to. I don't mind playing with younger people as long as we all respect each other's stuff or creations.

ChrisyDaBlak

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: ChrisyDaBlak
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?:
I have been playing modded minecraft since the beginning of this year.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?:
At the moment, my favorite way to generate power is cole coke
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking?:
I would report them to an admin or a moderator, I was grieved out of a previous server.
What are you looking for in an FTB server?[/quote]:
I am looking for a small populated server, so i don't have to worry about resources and grieving, and hope to make new friends to play minecraft FTB with. Maybe even go on little mine craft adventures.

MalWinters

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: mnightwind
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? 2 or 3 years now
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Steam boiler
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? If it's harmless then I'll chuckle and move on or perhaps retaliate harmlessly. If it's harmful then I'd notify a moderator.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A good world to build on and a good community to go with it.

matagin

Jul 29, 2019
PerWerT, Gonzaliz, chello107, cheercorp, w0rd26, and mnightwind have been added. Feel free to build anywhere away from spawn. Most people are a few hundred blocks out. Thanks and have fun!

H3pha

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: H3pha
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? Not long. Probably about 2-3 months total. Mostly just play non-FTB servers. Played Minecraft since early Alpha.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Blutricity? Not sure if they still have that.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? That's a very vague question. Trolling/pranking is usually not a big deal. Only really matters if it's harmful.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? Entertainment and mature community.

SamEatsBrains

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: SamEatsBrains
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? Completely new to it, honestly. (Played Minecraft for just under 1 year.) But I can read and I don't ask stupid questions. Or any for that matter. I'll bug my boyfriend H3pha for that if I need to.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? I intend to find out.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? I'm not a girl who's offended too easily. I guess if it were serious I'd just make a note of the person's name and let someone know. I don't feed trolls, if that's what you're asking.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? Entertainment and mature community.

leeber2002

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: leeber2002
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?: 8~odd months. Started tekkit back in the fall.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?: No idea, that's what I'm here for.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Well, I usually ignore trolls. Pranking, on the other hand, I can get quite annoyed by, depending on what it is. If it's as simple as dropping a bucket of water, then sure, no problem. If it means I'm going to have to spend half an hour cleaning up, then I'm going to have a problem with it.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A server where I can learn the ropes of FTB. I've yet to try it out, and I'm looking for a small community, rather than a larger one. Much easier to get to know players and have a good time when there's only a few others.

Out of curiosity, why ban Xycraft?

Urgie

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Urgie_
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? About a year now.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Geothermal early to get things started, then i go usually go for biogass.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Pranking i dont mind. Trolls i just ignore.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? Getting bored when playing singleplayer, so i thought i could try playing online with others :)

Blakey002

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: Blakey002
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?I have been play it on and off since FTB first came out.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? I find making biomass setups can be fun and also geothermal
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? i'd clean the prank up and prank them back :), i'd leave the trolls and ignore them
What are you looking for in an FTB server? i'm looking for a server with a good community a nice spawn area i could use to get started.[DOUBLEPOST=1368807606][/DOUBLEPOST]
IGN: leeber2002
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft?: 8~odd months. Started tekkit back in the fall.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB?: No idea, that's what I'm here for.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Well, I usually ignore trolls. Pranking, on the other hand, I can get quite annoyed by, depending on what it is. If it's as simple as dropping a bucket of water, then sure, no problem. If it means I'm going to have to spend half an hour cleaning up, then I'm going to have a problem with it.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A server where I can learn the ropes of FTB. I've yet to try it out, and I'm looking for a small community, rather than a larger one. Much easier to get to know players and have a good time when there's only a few others.

Out of curiosity, why ban Xycraft?

It causes to much lag

leeber2002

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I guess that makes sense, since each of it's blocks are all animated. Should disable crystal chests too at that, no point in them in my opinion besides lag.

GreenSaint

Jul 29, 2019
This seems like a cool, small, global community. I hope there is still space for one more.

IGN: greensaint
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? I'm a newcomer, been playing the game for few months - but am keen to experience an small online community.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Hoping to learn
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? Give them my lunch money and hope they don't bother me again.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? See how other people play the game- maybe team up with a couple of players to start some projects. Have fun.

strane111

Dec 9, 2012
IGN: strane111
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? over a year
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Via advanced solars or lava
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? typically ignore it because if you bring attention to it or make a scene they do it more often
What are you looking for in an FTB server? Fun close knit group of intelligent, mature players.

frogger35

Jul 29, 2019
IGN: frogger35
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? 8-9 months now
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? bio fuel and Lava baby :D, wanting to try out a new design of wither skellies being dropped and the coal goes into a steam engine and generators or just straight into generators then into energy bridges.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? With a good ol prank right back :)
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A great community to hang around with and mess around with. People who know the mods and how to use them, or at least know how to use the wiki.

Klay54

Jul 29, 2019
IGN:klay54
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? A few months, better at magic than I am with machines.
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Magmatic engines, yea, I'm primitive.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? I'm fine with all if it's at a minimal and no items are lost. But I guarantee I'll do it back. :)
What are you looking for in an FTB server? A partner that's good with machinery.

UncleScar

Jul 29, 2019
May i apply for both me and my roommate? if not then ignore the "we" part of this and pretend its just me applying.

IGN: _Unclescar_
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? a few months
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? early on, simple generators to MFEs (and stirling engines for MJ). Solar Panels /energy bridges are my favorite by far though. resource heavy to start, resource efficient later. I like to use my resources as efficiently as possible so i never mass produce anything, especially resource devourers.
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? my experience shows that for me, the best way to end trolling is to have harmless fun with em. they are out for entertainment, might as well entertain them, within harmless reason of course. Joining them in fun will almost always get them to change their type of trolling from griefing to more less harmful teasing. Pranking, i enjoy the humor and move on, occasionally i'll prank back but nothing harmful, i'm less creative when it comes to pulling jokes on people.
What are you looking for in an FTB server? not picky on server size, but i do enjoy community. My roommate and i usually play on my own single player map opened up to LAN, but we both build to be efficient and visually pleasing at the same time and would like to build things that more than just each other get to see.

I Do have a Youtube channel that i plan on restarting up as soon as i find a good server.

My roommate:

IGN: Mokie91 (actually my second account that i let him use)
How long have you been playing modded Minecraft? few months
What's your favorite way to generate power in FTB? Netherrack -> magma crucible -> thermal generator/ magmatic engines
How do you deal with people trolling or pranking? never really been trolled or pranked
What are you looking for in an FTB server? same as above, more people to enjoy the game with.