IC2 Addon [Tools/Armor/Recipes This Update][Functionality Next]

Would you download this mod?

• Total voters

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
I'm working on learning Java and have assembled a team to assist me in completing this mod before the end of summer
After the mod is released textures may be modified by the users (submissions are always appreciated)
***The Mod is sort of a cross between:
Compact Solars: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/?page=Thread&threadID=4827Advanced Solars: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3291
AND all NEW solar tower technology*** See below AND page 7 (spoilers)
Will be called MODULAR SOLAR ARRAY MOD
Currently we are not accepting coder applications (we have 2-3 already) but if a spot opens I will reopen applications. Texturers are also not really needed (as I said above, if we need them or the public wants new texturers then your specialtise may come into play)
Have any advice or recipe ideas also contact me or leave on the thread...
ALL CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Current Team:
Me: Coder/Dev/Texturer
YooKahZee2: Coder/Dev/Texturer http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/yookahzee2.41921/
DZCreeper: Helping with code http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/dzcreeper.9980/

Former Team Members:
LightKnight: Idealist http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/lightknight.28168/

Greg has allowed us to use his mod as an "API": Show his mod some support :D http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=1 WHICH MEANS: I will add his recipes and use his machines (centrifuge, implsion compressor, etc.)

*** As stated above, the mod will be called Modular Solar Array Mod
Meaning:
We will have 3 tiers of the following items:
-Tower Casing
-Mirrors (a.k.a. Heliostats)
-Solar Panels (a.k.a. Cells)
All three can be joined for example (tier 1 Tower casing, tier 2 mirrors, and tier 3 solar panels) however the output wouldn't be fully effective since tower casing will only be able to generate AND output certain amounts. As the tier goes up the output and generation goes up and all three aspects contribute to this.
There will be an easy mode recipe config option and possibly for outputs.
Future updates:
-Steam turbines (towers that do the same thing as above but instead of producing EUs they produce steam)***

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I would honest to god like to see a real solar tower. Reflectors going to a sodium tower and making steam or EU from that.

Reactions: Whovian

MushroomDynamo

Jul 29, 2019
Prepare to be bashed by a hilarious amount of people who criticize solars for being too easy.

That said, I like the idea. There's always been less solars than voltage tiers, especially with GregTech's hilariously high voltages--although a solar panel at THAT voltage might be a bit much.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Tell you what make a solar tower that puts out say 8 eu per heliostat that has LOS on the tower. That would get your 1024 EU with just 128 heliostats

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Tell you what make a solar tower that puts out say 8 eu per heliostat that has LOS on the tower. That would get your 1024 EU with just 128 heliostats

sorry to qoute myself but that maans you could have a 12x12 area with a 4x4 area inside for the tower[DOUBLEPOST=1364700518][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you do something with watermills and windmills, I'll love you long time.
Hell yeah

IC2 - GreenTech add on

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Dev material here man :p
I'm gonna have to start writing down names for credit :p[DOUBLEPOST=1364700670][/DOUBLEPOST]
Prepare to be bashed by a hilarious amount of people who criticize solars for being too easy.

That said, I like the idea. There's always been less solars than voltage tiers, especially with GregTech's hilariously high voltages--although a solar panel at THAT voltage might be a bit much.
I tend to make it a gregtech Addon, Greg willing making it so expensive it's asinine

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
That skype name is hardcore, bro.

I think you should take a look at my thread. The one with suggestions on fixing core IC2 by fixing solars/wind/water

Also why do people add potatoes to the poll? It makes the poll completely meaningless. But I guess potatoes are the funniest thing in the world so..

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Also why do people add potatoes to the poll? It makes the poll completely meaningless. But I guess potatoes are the funniest thing in the world so..

Dude potatoes as frig'n tastey!

There needs to be more potato based mods.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
What about like advanced watermills, they could be very efficient and useful if there were more compact versions but everyone focuses on solar. Or what about lunar power?[DOUBLEPOST=1364705638][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1735846-kyos-potatocraft-148-v0/ enjoy

The only way you could really make a case for 'lunar' power is if you somehow thought up a system of power generation that incorporated tides.

Even that would be a bit of a stretch.

The moon doesn't give off much energy by itself.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Box with 8 slots for potatoes that generates 0.25EU/t per potato (each potato lasts 60 seconds, so 300 EU each)

Too cut down on wiring (and lag), each set of consecutive touching boxes can only have one wire and one incoming pipe or the entire section of boxes shuts down. Incoming potatoes are distributed among each block. Outgoing power is forwarded to the one block with a wire, which holds it until it has 10EU then emits a 10EU packet. Exhausted potatoes simply disappear.

Blocks are created with 4 copper and 4 zinc around a generator if GT is installed. Without it, replace the zinc with tin.

Middle school science.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
What about like advanced watermills, they could be very efficient and useful if there were more compact versions but everyone focuses on solar. Or what about lunar power?[DOUBLEPOST=1364705638][/DOUBLEPOST]
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1735846-kyos-potatocraft-148-v0/ enjoy
Genius!
I actually did think about making wind and water better, possibly not water though, at least with windmills you need lots of cable.[DOUBLEPOST=1364736980][/DOUBLEPOST]
I look forward to any mod that can sensibly work with infinite energy sources, without either setting them up for exploit (watermills) or making the requirements insane.

For example, instead of the more advanced materials giving more windmills, how about more kinds of windmills with higher and higher efficiency and output? There's real ones out there that make more power then some older powerplants. Course those should take carbonfiber and advanced machine blocks... But why not also a really low tech one with low output, that would work like the ones that where designed to go THROUGH skyscrapers, turning the wind that could weaken a skyscraper, into power to run it.

Watermills that do things with falling water and sleuse gates.

Tidal generators.

Go wild, go for it.
Like I said before it all depends on my coding abilities and whether or not Greg lets me use his mod as sort of an API. If he doesn't my mod may be shot to pieces....BUT I do like all the ideas about windmills and water mills they will be taken into the drawing board after Easter :p

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds very cool man , i had couple of ideas for gregtech too ( and i sent them to greg he liked some of them hehe )
So i would be glad to help with ideas or recipes or something like that

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Would you download this mod?

Seeing how there isn't anything other than a vague idea I can't tell.
I don't like the solars we have now (the kind that you just plop down and you're done with it), but if it's something more unique I might consider it.

Good luck with it though ;)

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
I could really do with another way to get chrome. The fact that you can only get it from ruby dust/UU matter makes it much too expensive for what it does.