I wonder when we'll see the ultimate pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
So I started on the mindcrack pack moved to the direwolf 20 pack for a few mods plus gregtech was killing me. It adds nothing worth mention really and destroys the others mods. Making it more of a job than a game. However, When Ultimate pack comes out I am gonna switch to that for sure. Does anyone have any updates on it and/or are you guys gonna move your existing worlds over to it when it does come out or stick with the pack your using now.

I'm also looking for trustworthy knowledgeable, active, FTB players for my 6 gig server. We have a lot of power but not a lot of players :D add me on skype @ chardo440 if your interested.

Reactions: MFINN23

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
last i had heard slowpoke was waiting for mystcraft to finish implementing it's new research mechanic

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Yet an other "When will the ultimate go live?" thread?

The answer is to wait, they are (or at least were) waiting for some mods to update and upgrade.
We don't have any specific information, and if posting like that every week could give answers, we would already have had some a month ago or so.

Please be patient, the ultimate is on the road, that is all I can give you.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to be a good little boy and be patient like my mummy told me to. I am not a rude little boy and do not constantly nag people to do something. I hope others will follow my excellent example :p

Seriously though, my guess is after all the mods are updated to 1.5.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to be a good little boy and be patient like my mummy told me to. I am not a rude little boy and do not constantly nag people to do something. I hope others will follow my excellent example :p

Seriously though, my guess is after all the mods are updated to 1.5.
I really doubt they'll wait for 1.5. That update is probably going to break some mods big time... especially RedPower, and you know how slowly that updates...

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I really doubt they'll wait for 1.5. That update is probably going to break some mods big time... especially RedPower, and you know how slowly that updates...
Yes, but 1.5 is just around the corner. For all I know, the pre-release will be the next snapshot (out today/tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live).

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, but 1.5 is just around the corner. For all I know, the pre-release will be the next snapshot (out today/tonight/tomorrow depending on where you live).
The prerelease probably will be this week. But there's no rule that says the mod pack has to be on the latest version of minecraft right when its released... if they did that, it may never come out :p

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
3 months ago the answer was 2-3 weeks.[DOUBLEPOST=1360234957][/DOUBLEPOST]

not true, where do you find that stuff? because it ain't in twitter! and they are still fixing lightning bugs...

Greytusks

Jul 29, 2019
My personal guess:
when Myscraft and Xycraft are updated with their new stuff (especially Mystcraft)

akamanu

Jul 29, 2019
well if we know at the speed elooram is working cuz of RL, i would say that if they wait for 1.5, the ultimate pack with redpower will be out next year o_O

/manu

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
The prerelease probably will be this week. But there's no rule that says the mod pack has to be on the latest version of minecraft right when its released... if they did that, it may never come out :p
As I said, no pre-release this week, stop saying fake/wrong/stuff without knowing nothing.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
My personal guess:
when Myscraft and Xycraft are updated with their new stuff (especially Mystcraft)
And Soaryn has said that new Xycraft won't be until 1.5...
As I said, no pre-release this week, stop saying fake/wrong/stuff without knowing nothing.
Bugfix snapshot = no new features = winding down to release.

And 1.5 does not make any fundamental changes to the way the game works like 1.3 did. The biggest change is the new texture format, but that wouldn't be hard to accomadate. In fact, It would probably be optional for the mod makers to do anyway, just from my limited understanding on how it works

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
Still, was no pre-release at all, they are still workin on fixing lightning bugs.

maybe 2 weeks more.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
omg news just in ultimate pack planned to come out during pax east!!!(if slowpoke gets his way) he just said it on livestream

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
yes ..... now he did state aswell tho that they were waiting on the realease of the new mystcraft and an actual realease of ec3 also

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The mystcraft release seems to be fairly close, the balancing stage has already been reached. He even went so far to say, that the definition he used for "soon" is sooner than the blizzard soon :)

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
yeh i just saw xcompwiz's post he seems pretty hopeful about it being released soon, now the question is how ec3 is progressing